Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Data Request: Parrot Bebop 1 Survey Imagery

Saijin_Naib

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm working to try and get OpenSFM to support the various Parrot hemispherical camera modules, like what are employed on the Bebop, Bebop 2, and Disco, so that photogrammetry suites such as OpenDroneMap can properly stitch the imagery into accurate point clouds.

With the help of the OpenDroneMap community and the OpenSFM developers, I'm already underway with getting Bebop 2 support merged into OpenSFM.

What do I need?
I need a sample dataset of at least 10 images collected in a Survey Flight Plan of some sort (grid, cross-grid, etc), so that we can try to reconstruct the data and make sure the manual Lens Calibration parameters that are derived are correct for that sensor.

So, this would be a link to your dataset containing the JPG/DNG/TIFFs from your sUAS and your permission that we can use them for the purpose outlined above.

What do you get?
If you don't use any free/open-source software that relies upon OpenSFM, then likely nothing other than my most sincere thanks and the satisfaction of knowing that you made a critical contribution to the greater FOSS Photogrammetry community by providing much-needed sample data.

If you do use things like OpenDroneMap, you gain (eventually!) the ability to process your imagery into useful data such as point clouds, DEMs, and 3D models!

What does this support mean?
It means we go from having completely broken reconstructions:
1616430674009.png

To perfectly usable and correct reconstructions!:
1616430707229.png

(Yes, these are the same data showing the same scenes)

Here are some images from a Beebop. To tell you the truth I am not sure if these are what you need. It was not my Beebop and I don't know if its a Beebop 1 or 2. It was the local community college's and I am not too familiar with the aircraft. We mapped the baseball field in a Remote Sensing class.

Also they are not in the correct sequence as I had to download them from Drone Deploy after they had been processed into the ortho so it let me download them in a weird random way. I also don't remember if this was both circular and grid or double grid.

Let me know if this is the correct Beebop.

Link: source_data_export_605a488c96d0a767bcfad3ac.zip

Last edited:
Reactions: Saijin_Naib
Here are some images from a Beebop. To tell you the truth I am not sure if these are what you need. It was not my Beebop and I don't know if its a Beebop 1 or 2. It was the local community college's and I am not too familiar with the aircraft. We mapped the baseball field in a Remote Sensing class.

Also they are not in the correct sequence as I had to download them from Drone Deploy after they had been processed into the ortho so it let me download them in a weird random way. I also don't remember if this was both circular and grid or double grid.

Let me know if this is the correct Beebop.

Link: source_data_export_605a488c96d0a767bcfad3ac.zip
Thanks for the dataset! Unfortunately, that is a Parrot Bebop 2, so I'll still be looking for a Parrot Bebop 1 :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut