Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Dead battery for no reason

cybertoto

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm french and I have just found this forum, I would appreciate some help :)

My Anafi is bought in july, 50 flights, no crash.

I charged the battery 2 days ago over night.

Yesterday i tried to fly but the battery look dead :
No led when I press on/off. Nothing. The drone won't start.

I discovered the reset. It does nothing when I press the button for 15 secs.
I discovered the hibernate mode. I put the battery on charge for 20 mins.
The USB plug was hot. The circuit board with USB plug and LED was hot (like 50 degrees celcius).

And... it was still hot this morning (after 1 night charger unplugged)
Maybe this borad hold the discharging resistance ? I don't know but I don't like to have a hot battery at home.
And of course, it's still dead. No response when I press the button.

I checked also the charger and cable. It charges my phone and the remote....

I begin to think this battery is dead. I was always extra carefull, I don't understand.

Is the re another procedure to try ?

Thanks a lot!
Nicolas

Sounds like the battery has died, if it's only from July as you say then it will still be within Warranty with Parrot. So I'd suggest you contact them and see if they will replace it.

yeah, contact them via the phone, as you will get a quicker response time from them that way... +33 1 48 03 60 69

Annndddd it came back to life !

Thanks for your advice but 2 days after it was fully working.
For info, and if anybody else has this issue, here is what happened :

- I charged it 100%
- It was more than 10 days without flying. I went in hibernate mode.
- At the field I tried to launch the anafi but the battery was like dead. No LEDS after pressing ON/OFF
- I tried to charge it in a car for 5 mins, reset it... nothing.
- Came back home, plugged it for 20 or 30 mins.
- From the car time to the next morning, the battery was hot near the USB plug. No LEDs, nothing.
- So I put it in a safe lipo bag and went to work.
- The evening, I pressed the button and it was showing 1 led blinking !!!
- I plugged my drone, I saw on phone the battery was 0% and the drone shut down within a minute.
- I charged it 100% and tested it the next day. The flight time is normal. the Battery didn't hurt from this bug.

Soooooo big bug here.
It was a hibernate mode for sure, it discharged the battery from 100 to 0% (not 60% as expected)
For at least 24 hours, the LEDs and button were not working and the battery was hot (probably because it was discharging).

I am glad that you have managed to solve your problem. Taking LiPo batteries down to 0% is not normally good for them but you appear to have got away with it. I do not think that it is a software "bug" but it may be a fault on the pcb that controls the charge/discharge of the battery. My batteries appear to go into storage mode correctly and retain a nominal charge.

I could be confused with Mavic batteries (I own both) but if you charge the battery and don't fly for a period of time the batteries go into hibernation mode. To get them out of hibernation mode you have to plug them in as if you are going to charge them. That action of plugging them in for changing will take them out of hibernation mode and you can fly with whatever the stored charge was at the time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood