Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Discharging of the batteries, not just while "in" the Anafi? Did it change with latest batt. update?

Ana789

Reaction score
Ok, since I changed my "pre-flight" behavior from
-charging batteries after use just to 2 LED plus 3. blinking and full charging on the day of wish to fly-
to
-charging batteries after using to 100% (charging stops alone), I noticed that the batteries are loosin' quickly charge-

Which is, sometimes over night, up to 10%, sometimes even down to only 3 LED's from the 4, the evening before.

I am now trying to determine if that is, perhaps, a thing that got changed with the latest battery update?
Meaning: Has the latest battery update "cured" that?

I somehow thought/hoped that just the battery in the bay on the anafi is really "dropping" charge, in case it is connected for 12h or even longer.
But I recharged all 3 batteries yesterday, about 24h ago, and left them "alone".
And checked on 'em in the morning (local time ;-), noon, right now.
And just now, all 3 changed from 4 to 3 LED.
Checked 'em in the bird, 1x 76%, 2x 77%
Taking in account that my batteries should still have 90+% capacity left, I'd say they all lost about 15% in 24h

Aside that I am positive about gettin' back to just recharging before the flight opportunity comes up, and bringing a PD powerbank at all times, I'd like to ask other pilots: What do you experience?
Right now, there is not much to see in the "after 10 days they recharge automaticly to 65%" feature, 'cause before the 10 days coming up, it is at least already under 65% and in sleeping mode.
Will try to give it a go and check 2morrow again.
At least with one battery, in case there is an idea coming up, for a flight.

I am getting/having the idea, that the decharging electronic is doing its job from the moment, the charger gets off!

So, please tell me, with updated batteries or with no 2020 batt update installed:

How are your batteries behaving after you recharged them to full?
Was it always like that?
How "old" (cycles) are your's?

I am pretty certain that even after weeks, before, they never had dropped under the 2 LED, 1 blinking, after woken up.
Will check on that in the next days.

Another question:
Is pushing the button to check for the charge interrupting the 10 days circle?
On DJI it is/was on some, but not on all batteries the case, so : who knows that for Anafi batteries??

Thanks for reading

(y)(y)

Last edited:
Reactions: abant and Seven Ng
Update:

Yesterday, 24h after the last full charge, the batteries were down to 1x76% and 2x77%

Today, about 48h after last charging em to 100% and storing them on a shelf:

Still 3 LED's, but just 61%, 62%, 64% left.

Has anyone else checked on this matter or stumbled over something like this, before?

Could mean that your batteries are on their way out (unbalanced cells).
My newest battery still has 4 LEDs after being charged for 3 days.
What is the Maximum Capacity?

Capacity is shown between 91 and 95%

But all 3 in the same time?

I have 3 that I no longer use to fly.
I am not confident that the Anafi won't drop.
Only used for calibration, file transfers, etc

It is the new behavior. They advice to top up to 100 on the day of your flight

My newest battery does not lose charge this quickly.
3 days after charging and it is still at 4 LEDs.
I just placed it on charge to ensure that it is topped up before flying and it still is.

What do you mean with : "It is the new behavior"

My batteries are still on old fw.
Since I can't update the battery fw without have to update the bird to after 1.6.3

This is not Not Written in stone but I would think since batteries can only perform at top performance for so long your batteries are getting tired and will not give you 100% any more. By discharging sooner might not be such a bad thing as Lipo batteries really hate a full charge.

Update, ~60 hours after charging to 100%:

1x 55%, 2x 56%

And I noticed something strange, which I may just have not really gotten before:
But since I had almost no background noise, today:
The battery change, direct after powering the Anafi down, in the meaning of
"switch off, taking battery out, putting battery in again/another battery back in, NOT pushing the power button"
is starting the fan of the Anafi for just a moment

It might be that I just haved never realized that before. Or found it strange at least.
But also since it is not ALWAYS happening ( I tried a couple if times, this morning), and since I am really puzzled, how all 3 batteries can/would turn "crazy" (bad) at the same time, I am questioning everything.

My personal guess is that something with the electronic inside the battery is going wrong.
Which may have/had a trigger from outside.
And they not getting warm and still doing up to 17-18 minutes of flight time.
In case I push em.

I have reset them once, last week, will do it again after either the batts stop decharging or I stop this before they reaching 0%.
Till about 2 weeks ago, I had to wake 'em up from deep sleep every now and then.
And they still had 2 LED's steady on the charger.
I understand that as long I use the batteries in the Anafi for checking on the charge, they can't get to sleep.
Unless they go in the <10% charge area
Right now I wait for them to get down to 1 LED (blinking?) in this test cycle, before I will restart the test. With minimum one battery , leaving it alone for 3 or 4 days before even touching the power button.

But still, it would help if someone can tell whether the the latest battery fw is offering a solution to this or not.
It may be a part of the battery power loss problem, that swept some Anafis from the sky.

And that the fw update shows up in the second loooong hibernation time for most Anafi pilots in the world!
(changing into conspiracy theory mode)
:unsure:

Last edited:
This is not Not Written in stone but I would think since batteries can only perform at top performance for so long your batteries are getting tired and will not give you 100% any more. By discharging sooner might not be such a bad thing as Lipo batteries really hate a full charge.

But that is nowhere described!

This "decharging as soon as plugged of the charger" is not a normal thing, LiPo's do!
At least not at a rate from over 10-20% a day.
And I really question that all of em getting rouge at the same time.
There must have been be a trigger , I think!

with DJI Magic Pro 2 for example the discharge rate can be set from the App. This does not require a firmware update to the batteries. It's possible that in 1.6.3 the smart-discharge rate was set to start 3 hours after unplugging and then make sure they are at 50% in 4 days or something. I actually noticed this in Turkey early November 2019. I though my batteries had worn after using them on day 3 (charged at day 1) because I remember charging them to max and in the app I noticed 89% or something

with DJI Magic Pro 2 for example the discharge rate can be set from the App. This does not require a firmware update to the batteries. It's possible that in 1.6.3 the smart-discharge rate was set to start 3 hours after unplugging and then make sure they are at 50% in 4 days or something. I actually noticed this in Turkey early November 2019. I though my batteries had worn after using them on day 3 (charged at day 1) because I remember charging them to max and in the app I noticed 89% or something
I am on 1.6.3 FW and there is no such phenomenon. You don’t lose 10-20% per day. This is not a firmware problem (possibly battery firmware ...)
I was 100% charged and on day 3 I had time to fly and it was 98% then.

Reactions: JCamilo
Aside that my Anafi is on 1.6.3 fw for all 2020 already and this troubling "feature" just started a couple of days, weeks at most, ago:
It would stop at the usuall 60-65% area, the "auto discharge after time"-function.
Mine are down to mid 50's already, but I will know for sure in about 5 or 6 hours, on my next battery checked in the anafi and with the app/remote connected.

I am on 1.6.3 FW and there is no such phenomenon. You don’t lose 10-20% per day. This is not a firmware problem (possibly battery firmware ...)
I was 100% charged and on day 3 I had time to fly and it was 98% then.

Which app version are you flying?

Btw not to **** on anybody but this was on Saturday, everything updated, stock, CE, etc:

4F48B46C-F17B-405C-8E45-50CA03C429C1.png

Update:

About 72 h after full recharging:
1x 52%, 2x 48%

60 hours after charging to 100%:
1x 55%, 2x 56%

48h after last charging em to 100%
61%, 62%, 64% left.

24h after the last full charge
1x 76% and 2x 77%

Parrot states that anafi battery should drop down to 65% after 48 hours ,storage charge should be 40-65%

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJ123456