Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Disco - Gravity Gyroscope Payload

kalimouse

Reaction score
I would like to request feedback from the group regarding my plan to convert the Parrot Disco into a mapping drone. My objective is to create a single payload that includes a high-capacity battery, camera, and 4G mod. To distribute the weight, I plan to use a gravity gyroscope with the payload situated at the center of gravity.

b707ebecff9da07d6695a0ede560afa0_preview_featured.jpg
The use of a gravity gyroscope could potentially allow for the Parrot Disco to carry a heavier load while maintaining stability for aerodynamics. However, it may also decrease the speed of the aircraft. My workflow includes 3D scanning the Parrot Disco, designing a payload that fits the airframe, creating a cutout pattern for precise foam removal, and printing the payload frame in carbon fiber. Finally, I plan to test the aircraft.

In the future, I intend to design a door spring system for the payload that utilizes drag to open and close. This system could also serve as a cooling method for the payload.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!
Drop by the pilot’s
check-in to introduce yourself.
Also, take time to read our Community Guidelines. If you plan to promote items/services for sale, you must become an approved vendor.
GFields, Expressing gratitude for the greetings, I wish to clarify that I have no intentions of selling this project and instead want to make it available to anyone who's interested. I'm pleased to announce that I have successfully 3D scanned the Parrot Disco today and the file can be downloaded from here for individuals who want to incorporate it into their personal projects. Parrot Disco scan - Download Free 3D model by Bad Beetle Entertainment (@blackpantherkali)

Reactions: GFields

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar