Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DJI cybersecurity concerns!!

Skydreamer

Reaction score
  • Haha
Reactions: edwardfcy1970
Interesting article. Although I only have Bebop 2 as my drone, it got me thinking of what I did. The phone I use for the drone is an non-activated Tracphone. A friend of mine gave it to me (its a Samsung Juno 3) and it works well and its not tied to my google account. I found the APK for Freeflight pro and just copied it to the phone and installed it that way. It does connect to wifi at home so it can upload the flight data, but thats about it.

You can pick up one of these Tracphones pretty cheap, probably cheaper then a tablet.

Mike

From what I understand this was for the GO 4 Android only. Pilot and Government Editions were not part of this?

Is there yet a smoking gun of proven data theft or malicious hijacking of hardware? It still seems like this is all possibilities.

Interesting article. Although I only have Bebop 2 as my drone, it got me thinking of what I did. The phone I use for the drone is an non-activated Tracphone. A friend of mine gave it to me (its a Samsung Juno 3) and it works well and its not tied to my google account. I found the APK for Freeflight pro and just copied it to the phone and installed it that way. It does connect to wifi at home so it can upload the flight data, but thats about it.

You can pick up one of these Tracphones pretty cheap, probably cheaper then a tablet.

Mike

I don't own any DJI equipment, but when it comes to droning 2nd hand phones are cheap - I have an SGS8+ just for the drone which is basically kept in flightmode all the time unless I need the WIFI on to download maps, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood