Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DJI store robbed!!

Skydreamer

Reaction score

from what i understand,dji products are like apple devices,if stolen you can track them once they get connected to internet...if thats the case i wonder if dji will go that far to get criminals arrested ?

If DJI runs software similiar to Apple, I do wonder if DJI can render them useless? Technology these days is getting ridiculous!

Years back Freeflight 3 had a feature where youcould see all parrot pilots wold wide on the map,i am talking about lets say tapping map of australia and i could see all locations where someone flew bobop 1 or 2....,when hitting any bebop location i could see all flights of that bebop,follow ot back to home of that person where the bebop was turned on for the first time,i am talking about sattelites pictures with address of pilot....its still same it is just that we dont have that access...but people at parrot do...knowing how dji likes to collect data from every drone, i am sure they can do something,i just dont know what

from what i understand,dji products are like apple devices,if stolen you can track them once they get connected to internet...if thats the case i wonder if dji will go that far to get criminals arrested ?
Na, they just ground them, imho!
And: They won't do that for your, if someone steals it from the car or such.
Was (not only one!) a discussion in the DJI - Forums, some time ago.

And I think thats the same with the Anafis! You get one, that you can't activate, get in contact with Parrot, throw it away or put in on the desk on papers!

If DJI runs software similiar to Apple, I do wonder if DJI can render them useless? Technology these days is getting ridiculous!
Don't forget, you have to activate/register them: No way with "lost on delivery", "stolen from shop" birds

Years back Freeflight 3 had a feature where youcould see all parrot pilots wold wide on the map,i am talking about lets say tapping map of australia and i could see all locations where someone flew bobop 1 or 2....,when hitting any bebop location i could see all flights of that bebop,follow ot back to home of that person where the bebop was turned on for the first time,i am talking about sattelites pictures with address of pilot....its still same it is just that we dont have that access...but people at parrot do...knowing how dji likes to collect data from every drone, i am sure they can do something,i just dont know what
Thats just happens, when uploaded in the parrot cloud!
At least in case the app takes the "no" to upload serious!

If these guys are smart they will take them apart and sell the parts for a lot more money then they could get for the whole product. Just like some Anafi owners that will sell off broken Anafi's, most make enough to buy a new one. LOL

Reactions: Rizzo08

Doesn’t seem that far to go… ? (to track a thief) — although if they were stolen to be sold, then the buyer would be the perceived criminal since they would most likely be the first to connect it to the web.

“Brand new DJI drone, I got as a present, no receipt but the warranty is through DJI! Only 50 dollar less than new! Shipping included!”

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut