Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DNG photos bend the image?

woodcraft

Reaction score
Hi,

Possible a newbie question as I am no photography expert but when I shoot DNGs with the Anafi it bends them but the JPG is fine. Is there some extra software that should be used to straighten out a DNG before carrying out further edits?

I've attached a photo to help explain it. This is the same photo shot with the drone when it does a DNG and a JPG from a single shot. DNG left, JPG right. Ignore the horrible quality of them I just took this shot with something straight (railway tracks) to get the problem across (the DNG comes out really horrible here!)

DNG vs JPG.jpg

There is a significant bend or distortion on the DNG and this happens with all of my DNGs if I shoot on rectangle or wide. Is this meant to happen? Am I missing a step in my editing process?

Ran a search for similar problems on here and the web but came up stumped.

My skills are limited. LOL
Hopefully someone with more knowledge then I will come along and suggest some tips.

Dng or raw is the photo in its original form.Parrot use software to convert the image to jpg. All digital cameras do this. The only problem with jpg is that it removes a lot of the data in the image. The best way to get the whole image without distortion is to take several images and merge or stitch them together with panoramic software. I use affinity photo. However there are free alternatives. Just use YouTube to learn and see what software is easier for you.
Hope you have fun flying the anafi

Not the same camera but probably a similar principle.

The camera on the Parrot Disco can shoot both jpeg and RAW (DNG) images. The jpeg images turn out just as the pilot would see but the DNG files cover a 180 degree field of view as they are created with the whole camera sensor where as the jpeg files are grabbed from the electronic stabilised point of view.
Regards
Nidge.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood