Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Does Anafi Stop writing To SD When Full Or Overwrite Files (Problem)

crpilot

Reaction score
Hello, I just returned from a photoshoot with the Anafi. When I was in the field I took a 360 pano and many brackets photos. 32 Gig card
In the field I looked at the 360 Pano on the sd it was there. When I returned it was not on the card anymore. The gallery on the SD card only had the brackets photos This sounds crazy but its true.
Does anafi overwrite files when the card is full? Could I have deleted it I really doubt it? Anyone have any issues like this. Thanks

Hi, not my experience - when the card is full it stops recording. So should still be present on the SD...

Since the SD card is writing the "blackbox" file, I would not wanna test, if that "full" creates a problem for the bird.
Aside that I never had more than 3 batteries of video/photo on a SD card, so full did not happen.
Often changed after every (sec.) battery
I just don't like the thought, that I loose my bird PLUS also vids and pics from flights before!
SD cards are cheap! Get some more of them.

Since the SD card is writing the "blackbox" file, I would not wanna test, if that "full" creates a problem for the bird.
Aside that I never had more than 3 batteries of video/photo on a SD card, so full did not happen.
Often changed after every (sec.) battery
I just don't like the thought, that I loose my bird PLUS also vids and pics from flights before!
SD cards are cheap! Get some more of them.
It's a good card but something definitely happened. As I mentioned I had some photos and a 360 on the card. I landed the Anafi to check the images the 360 was there on the SD card I tap it to review the multiple images flew more taking some photos and video when I returned home to retrieve the 360 it was not on the card gone!

It's a good card ...
But still, even good cards are cheap, these days!
Imho, also the memory management of them can work a lot better, as long they not getting "full"

So in your case, it did not save the / all of the latest shots, but did not erase older vids/pics.
And:

It left you the single shots.
So stitch em on the computer again, done.
empty the card, check again.
Perhaps you did something wrong?

Btw: How full is/was the SD card?

Sorry for not being specific. In my case, the Anafi saved all of the bracketed photos 5 shots for each bracket. And the few MP4's I took.
All of the 360 images needed for stitching were erased or deleted from the card after I reviewed them in the app and continued flying that day when I got home I sadly discovered that there was not record of any 360 images at all. Trying to figure out why this happened.

It is some time ago, that I had a flying Anafi.
But is there a (new?) setting somewhere, that is deleting the single shots after stitching the 360?
Which needs to be switched off? "Keep single shots and 360"
,,O..O,,

Have you updated your bird lately, or the App?
I'd start checkin the setup in the FF6

Hello, The Anafi is up to date.. I don't recall any setting like that if so I never touched it. Normally when things go right after stitching I save the 360 images used for stitching on my computer for safekeeping. This may be a lost cause or a card issue not sure but in any case, losing an image like that is a cause for concern. I did not delete them off the card.

I don't recall any setting like that if so I never touched it.
That is, why I ask for "have you updated somwething lately"
I can imagine that new "features" found the way into fw or app.
The first day, I used my mavic air 2, I "lost" also the single shots, b/c the fly app of DJI is set to "only save stitched pictures". There you have to "tell" the app, that you wanna keep the single shots.
Can be, accident or planned, that Parrot did something similar?

But anyway: How much space have you had left, on the tiny 32 GB SD card?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ian