Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Down the Line, what improvements do you wish to see with the Anafi assuming we get a sequel to it?

MightyMuffins

Reaction score
Honestly this is tough to say cause I love this drone in the short time I've had this. Quiet drone, solid camera that fits my needs and that 180 swivel is so perfect for my storm video. I can't necessarily comment on this right now as I only had this for a week but for those users that have had this for a while, assuming we get a Anafi 2.0 what kind of improvements do you hope to see? :) Not sure if some of the builders/programers also view the forums but that would be cool feedback. :D

Although I guess I would want a shade type filter to help eliminate sun flares and having this be on a separate wifi thing like the DJIs have.

Last edited:
Honestly this is tough to say cause I love this drone in the short time I've had this. Quiet drone, solid camera that fits my needs and that 180 swivel is so perfect for my storm video. I can't necessarily comment on this right now as I only had this for a week but for those users that have had this for a while, assuming we get a Anafi 2.0 what kind of improvements do you hope to see? :) Not sure if some of the builders/programers also view the forums but that would be cool feedback. :D

These are all pretty minor as the drone is already really good.

1) Removable sunshade built into the camera body. It has a tendency to have lots of lens flare.
2) Improved range and connection stability.
3) Propellers designed for better reliability (seems lots of crashes have happened due to propeller failure)
4) Even quieter with longer flight time (these are already superb, so any improvement would be amazing)
5) Improved position holding...seems to drift quite a bit
6) Improved 3rd axis stabilization for the camera

Reactions: akdroner
These are all pretty minor as the drone is already really good.

1) Removable sunshade built into the camera body. It has a tendency to have lots of lens flare.
2) Improved range and connection stability.
3) Propellers designed for better reliability (seems lots of crashes have happened due to propeller failure)
4) Even quieter with longer flight time (these are already superb, so any improvement would be amazing)
5) Improved position holding...seems to drift quite a bit
6) Improved 3rd axis stabilization for the camera
Is a 3rd axis even possible to have and still have it be 180 degree swivel?

I don't know. That's up to the engineers to come up with = )

The EIS is not bad as long as you dampen the yaw a bit more than default.
I thought a 3rd axis is impossible to add on cause that axis allows it be a 180 degree swivel. Essentially it's the must have trade off with it. I personally would keep the 180 degree swivel even if it meant not having a true 3rd axis and keeping it digital still.

I thought a 3rd axis is impossible to add on cause that axis allows it be a 180 degree swivel. Essentially it's the must have trade off with it. I personally would keep the 180 degree swivel even if it meant not having a true 3rd axis and keeping it digital still.
If impossible, I would keep the 180 degree swivel. It makes for some epic waterfall shots...

I love my Anafi the way it is. Light, Portable, silent, and with a superb image quality both for photography and movies.

If possible, I would like to see improvements in the flight time per battery (I fly around 20 minutes but I’d like it to be 30 minutes before landing safely with a few minutes to avoid being ‘empty’.

I’d love to buy cheaper batteries (99 € is way to expensive)

The main improvements for me would be in the software :

- DNG Only option as a picture option
- Less prone to drifting due to magnetic problems (the algorithm should take into account the bottom camera image for example to ‘guess’ it is drifting when the heigth is below 5 m the take-off point) and the acceleration sensor. When ‘no action’ is detected on the stick... it should be a little more ‘clever’ to stop motion.
- Improve software and firmware stability instead of adding new functions. Reliability should be the keyword... lots of progress have been made, but please... some more !

Reactions: Jagerbomb52

Although I guess I would want a shade type filter to help eliminate sun flares and having this be on a separate wifi thing like the DJIs have.
About a sun shade: Effective, packable, inexpensive sun shade for Anafi camera

For me connection stability would be number one, not so much for increased range but for overcoming various types of interference.

The ability to see the charge of each battery cell. This might give some indication that a battery issue is pending.

Record of distance in the flight log.

I mean doesn't it do that already?

I know it shows percentage of battery left but I don't see where it show the voltage of each cell in the battery. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong and let me know where that information (voltage of each cell in the battery) can be found.

Reactions: Moonfly and Thanev
My opinion is the inclusion in the FF6 application of the bar relative to the remaining battery usage time

Reactions: Philb
I know it shows percentage of battery left but I don't see where it show the voltage of each cell in the battery. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong and let me know where that information (voltage of each cell in the battery) can be found.
I agree 100%
4 little lights are NOT accurate in showing the health of a battery.They are pretty though.
Separate voltage read-out for each cell is accurate.

I see. So extra safety level...especially on travel.

I see. So extra safety level...especially on travel.

Basically what they want is a faceplate in the App that looks something like this. This is for my X-Star. It shows all 4 cells and at what voltage they are at. From this I can tell if one cell is weak. If it was I would be concerned with that cell as it could give a critical battery warning and start to land on me before it got home. The more we know about our batteries condition will help us make informed decisions if we keep using that battery or not.

With the news that the US DoD awarded a contract to Parrot to build a small surveillance drone, I was hopeful for an improvement in range. But the guidelines only required 3km range, obviously the anafi is already capable of that. That being said, I can't imagine the US Military would allow standard WiFi for communication. So I'm hopeful they will have to come up with a proprietary Ocusync type system that would greatly improve connectivity.

Reactions: pmh1nic
With the news that the US DoD awarded a contract to Parrot to build a small surveillance drone, I was hopeful for an improvement in range. But the guidelines only required 3km range, obviously the anafi is already capable of that. That being said, I can't imagine the US Military would allow standard WiFi for communication. So I'm hopeful they will have to come up with a proprietary Ocusync type system that would greatly improve connectivity.
Well the U.S. military may also modify these too

Reactions: akdroner

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar