Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Drone crashed for no reason?

MrClansman1

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Unfortunately, my Anafi has crashed today and there is no way to retrieve it ever again (It's only 50 metres away from the road, but high in the jungle canopy somewhere. I was even 25 metres away from the last known GPS location, but the jungle is too dense and it wasn't possible to get any further). But the circumstances in which it happened are very strange. I was about to fly it back from where it took off and I could even see the van parked on side of the road and then all of a sudden the drone became unresponsive. Soon after it crashed. I did similar flights couple of times before and didn't have any problems and today for whatever reason it just failed me. Is there any way to retrieve flight data or to find out what went wrong? Thanks for every advice, but I'm giving up upon flying drones :(

Mr. u have access to flight data! In FF6 (Freeflight) you touch the button naming your nr of flights.You have a list of all flights and on the right you see a download symbol. Choose the option you prefer. It will send you a so-called JSON file containing relevant data. How to extract a JSON file, pls check in this forum. Also if you touch the button of the latest flight you see specific data as well in GPS-path and Graphics. Means you can also pinpoint pretty well where it went down. Unfortunately still high up. U probably know about the above but if not it may help.... Good luck!

Do you know what version of the firmware your Anafi was on? Some people have had similar experiences using version 1.6.5. The latest version, 1.6.7, appears at the moment to be more stable.

Do you know what version of the firmware your Anafi was on? Some people have had similar experiences using version 1.6.5. The latest version, 1.6.7, appears at the moment to be more stable.
1.6.4., I was about to update, but could it be such an issue with an older version?

Mr. u have access to flight data! In FF6 (Freeflight) you touch the button naming your nr of flights.You have a list of all flights and on the right you see a download symbol. Choose the option you prefer. It will send you a so-called JSON file containing relevant data. How to extract a JSON file, pls check in this forum. Also if you touch the button of the latest flight you see specific data as well in GPS-path and Graphics. Means you can also pinpoint pretty well where it went down. Unfortunately still high up. U probably know about the above but if not it may help.... Good luck!
I was trying to do that as the very first thing, but it's strange, because today's flight wasn't recorded at all. There are only the ones from yesterday, but for whatever reason it didn't record any data today... it seems very strange to me..

no, same mode as always with WiFi on.

phone WIFI interferes with the drone/sc3 controller WIFI , that's why you should put your phone in Aeroplane mode... if not it can cause control issues on the drone...

phone WIFI interferes with the drone/sc3 controller WIFI , that's why you should put your phone in Aeroplane mode... if not it can cause control issues on the drone...
I didn't know that, but anyway that doesn't explain why the drone crashed itself. Does wifi issues or interrupted connection between controller and the drone means that the drone will automatically stop functioning?

1.6.4., I was about to update, but could it be such an issue with an older version?
I believe that firmware 1.6.4 was also buggy and 1.6.5 was released soon after to fix the bugs, which it didn't. Also what country are you in? Some members in countries where FCC WiFi channels and power levels are allowed have reported being stuck in lower powered CE mode after recent updates.

I was trying to do that as the very first thing, but it's strange, because today's flight wasn't recorded at all. There are only the ones from yesterday, but for whatever reason it didn't record any data today... it seems very strange to me..
The anafi log file is recorded only after landing. If it shuts down suddenly, there will be no log file.
I ended one flight by grabbing it while hovering and stopping it, and then searching for the log file in vain!
Probably the Landing button or command is tied to logging (wrong!)

I believe that firmware 1.6.4 was also buggy and 1.6.5 was released soon after to fix the bugs, which it didn't. Also what country are you in? Some members in countries where FCC WiFi channels and power levels are allowed have reported being stuck in lower powered CE mode after recent updates.
Australia.. but I did maybe 15 flights before and everything was going smoothly all the time, just today it happened so quickly :(

Well Gips, when mine came down and broke it did record. But that doesn't help 'Mr.'
BTW I keep repeating what '2000' said - record any flight on iPhone. It records your screen - since he told me I do every time I fly. And also 'Davy's advice is important - put it on flightmode. I haven't done it when my bird came down and may be one cause... beside the 1.6.4 version of course!

Reconnect phone and rc, start the Anafi again, wait till found, perhaos that gets the log file in the app.
I have that, sometimes, if switching of the bird, or disconnecting the phone/RC to quickly

Well Gips, when mine came down and broke it did record. But that doesn't help 'Mr.'
BTW I keep repeating what '2000' said - record any flight on iPhone. It records your screen - since he told me I do every time I fly. And also 'Davy's advice is important - put it on flightmode. I haven't done it when my bird came down and may be one cause... beside the 1.6.4 version of course!
In case I fly with my main device, I never set it to flightmode. Not even blue tooth is off.
Perhaps in fcc mode, and manual sett to 165, that does not make that kind of a difference?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gipsz Jakab
the truth is out there.....

charleslee
they are bringing the drone down , if the drone are not locked in CE ... conspiracy theory

Na, not in the country, I am flying these days.
Did 3 batteries, flew one mission 3 times with 2 different speeds, 700m away, "full" signal shown, no stream trouble, no other trouble, not once fallen from the sky. Must be fake news;-)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh