Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Drone GPS is always RED while Controller is GREEN. What is the problem?

nilo tiburan

Reaction score
I had a crash of ANAFI after using it for almost a month. The last screen I could recall was that GPS was weak. It crashed into the water. I tried to call and email the Parrot service but they kept on asking me things that I had no access to because the drone would not start. I recently tried the drone after a friend lent me a spare battery and it worked. But the GPS indicator for the drone remained red while the controller was green. I was able to fly the drone. What will I do? What is the problem?

I had a crash of ANAFI after using it for almost a month. The last screen I could recall was that GPS was weak. It crashed into the water. I tried to call and email the Parrot service but they kept on asking me things that I had no access to because the drone would not start. I recently tried the drone after a friend lent me a spare battery and it worked. But the GPS indicator for the drone remained red while the controller was green. I was able to fly the drone. What will I do? What is the problem?

You just write to Parrot that the requested information is not at your disposal, as simple as that. However, you should not attempt to divorce Anafi if it is a guarantee issue !!!.

But what the problem is can only be a guess.

Try to check that the plug in the cable from the GPS module is properly mounted on the computer board.

The GPS module may be defective due to ingress of water.

You can fly without a phone or tablet with the controller alone. There is no need for an active GPS module at that end. The GPS module is not in the controller but in your phone / tablet.

If your Anafi had been in salt water I would personally not spend a minute trying to make it.

Good luck, regards, Leif.

I'd be a little cautious when flying without a GPS lock on the drone as your RTH will not work and if you loose your connection you might loose your Drone! Speaking from experience

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peacefulparrots76