Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Drone will power on, but I can’t connect and the light keeps blinking.

CaptainCodaro

Reaction score
I’m having some problems with my bebop. It flew for 10 minutes. Then, when I changed the battery it won’t boot. The light blinks, the fan kicks on, but it won’t do the motor test. After about 2 minutes the fan kicks off, but the light continues to blink afterwards.

I’m pretty lost, because after the fan stops running, I can connect to the WiFi, even though the free flight app doesn’t acknowledge that it’s connected.

It’s a strange conundrum lol. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, I use this drone almost every day, and this is the first issue

Thanks!

I am having this as well. Did you try a hard reboot? 15 seconds of button press, then let it sit for 15 minutes. This may bring it back.

First try to re-seat everything on drone something may have become unplugged ripped or damaged. The manual states the blinking light is a damaged piece somewhere on drone. In the past, those that have bricked their drone and get a green blinking light via botched firmware etc, sent their drone into Parrot and Parrot some how fixed them. The process still hasn't been released by them even though the drone is no longer supported. They should tell us the process to fix and release tools, now that drone no longer made. All other forums are clueless as well. One says if you have bricked it you need to connect a 3 pin UART USB cable to the front side in a specific order and internally flash it with a terminal program, but fails to mention the exact process, tools and code involved. This is as far as we can get, countless people with blinking bb1s out there are stumped as well.

Last edited:
First try to re-seat everything on drone something may have become unplugged ripped or damaged. The manual states the blinking light is a damaged piece somewhere on drone. In the past, those that have bricked their drone and get a green blinking light via botched firmware etc, sent their drone into Parrot and Parrot some how fixed them. The process still hasn't been released by them even though the drone is no longer supported. They should tell us the process to fix and release tools, now that drone no longer made. All other forums are clueless as well. One says if you have bricked it you need to connect a 3 pin UART USB cable to the front side in a specific order and internally flash it with a terminal program, but fails to mention the exact process, tools and code involved. This is as far as we can get, countless people with blinking bb1s out there are stumped as well.
Thanks for the info…mine is resolved. It was the GPS flex cable not being fully seated!

Try charging the first battery, put that in and see if the problem persists. The current battery may have weak voltage

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame