Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Dusting off the Parrot should i update?

yama

Reaction score
well i haven't flown the Anafi in a while and the drone is currently on firmware 1.6.3 and freeflight is on v6.6.1....... should i update or stay put with the current versions (i have never had a problem with them).

interested to hear if any improvements have been made? i don't want to upgrade the firmware or software just to find out that the equipment gets locked down like we were hearing about DJI customers in the past.

I'm still on 1.6.3 and I see no reason to update given the history of problems with later firmware. The drone still does everything I want it to. "If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Something that apparently doesn't translate to French. ;)

turns out you need to update to the latest if you need to use PIX4Dcapture. Didnt have any problems with 1.6.8

If you want more range stay on 1.6.3 and dont change freeflight 6

tough call..... but a consideration for not updating would be if it is still under warranty....
Parrot could possibly use it as an excuse to deny claim
they are tough to deal with anyways, so probably does not make a difference
I'm in US on FCC mode so far no issue on latest updates -
Not sure how latest upgrade affects CE mode
I think if it was me - i would stay with what working unless required for another reason

As far as I know there was an issue specific to the (if I remember correctly) 1.6.7 version. All others before or since are fine. I see no reason to permanently avoid updates from here on, especially considering the issue with the faulty version was corrected within 2 days. Whenever there's a new update you might go ahead and wait a couple of weeks before you do it - fine. Other than that I think it's paranoia.

I think there are a variety of opinions on this! Personally I have always updated about 3-4 weeks after each new release and have had no problems worth mentioning. But it's very clear that other people have had all sorts of issues which they put down to specific updates. I'm afraid it's not a clearcut yes/no!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut