Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

e-ID: Where can the badge be stuck on?

DG8FZ

Reaction score
Hello,
Where can the mandatory drone sticker with the e-ID be officially affixed to the Parrot Anafi?
In the instruction manual
anafi_user_guide_v2.6.2.pdf
I haven't found this yet
and not in the forum either.

So far I have only found how the e-ID can be sent out by the Anafi, but the drone badge on the drone is also a requirement, at least in Europe.

Many many thanks,

Karl

Hi I just printed my pilot registration require to flight in open category A1/A3 sub C1 and put in the side of the batteries

I'm seeking for official Information,
that someone got from Parrot or found on the Parrot Website,
because the Manuel-Version i have strictly points out on Page 11:

About Anafi
Anafi was designed and optimized to fly as is. Parrot therefore strongly discourages the use of any add-on or accessory which could be mounted on, or attached to Anafi (motor covers, feet extensions, buoys, hulls, etc.). In addition to the overweight they carry for the drone and its motors, they can indeed magnetically disturb Anafi and impair its communications.
ND filters, however, are not affected by this warning: filters can be used on Anafi’s lens, but Parrot recommends installing them carefully, after the drone’s gimbal initialization.

yes you are right that is in the Anafi official manual but this is old
According from Easa in Europe you have to add an sticker to the drone with the local registration and I don't think a very light sticker will affect the performance of the drone

Yes, for sure, but as it is an Aviation system,
I think the manufacturer is the one to fiagure out,
where to put a drone badge with what specification,
in order to avoid for example mechanical resonance problems
that might lead breaking earlier apart components.

I have seen Problems similar to
by far too often (but for sure in smaller dimention).

There is no "official" information from Parrot where to fix the e-ID.
The LBA (Luftfahrtbundesamt) here in Germany says the e-ID should be visible on drones.
Only for models of really existing aircraft the e-ID may be fixed inside e.g. below the battery.

I just use some laser printer paper labels, and stick them to the side of the battery - it is not going to affect flight or perfomance. It will weigh nothing - and I also covered mine with clear sellotape - to protect against wear and dirt.

20210714_145032.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh