Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Faster panorama capture after FW 1.6.3 update

Joe_Scot

Reaction score
Hadn't seen any stats posted so thought I'd post my observations here ...

Pre-1.6.3 - Capture of 10 shots for horizontal pano: 34 secs. After update: 25 secs

Pre-1.6.3 - Capture of 42 shots for 360 pano: 2 min 35 secs. After update: 1 min 28 secs

So, a significant improvement for sure.

One thing I found disconcerting was that during the pano captures, the brief black & white previews on the screen now look blurred for some of the shots, making you think it's moving too fast and capturing blurred images, but not to worry, the captured shots are all ok.

Hadn't seen any stats posted so thought I'd post my observations here ...

Pre-1.6.3 - Capture of 10 shots for horizontal pano: 34 secs. After update: 25 secs

Pre-1.6.3 - Capture of 42 shots for 360 pano: 2 min 35 secs. After update: 1 min 28 secs

So, a significant improvement for sure.

One thing I found disconcerting was that during the pano captures, the brief black & white previews on the screen now look blurred for some of the shots, making you think it's moving too fast and capturing blurred images, but not to worry, the captured shots are all ok.
I believe that during image capture, the image processing system switches to image mode and is unable to broadcast live images. Due to faster panorama shooting, you will not have time to live, so it will display inappropriate content. It's a bit weird because I have a DJI Spark and it gives me a continuous live image during the panorama (and any photos).

Has the path the Anafi takes while taking 360 Panoramas changed?

I'm using MS ICE to process the images, and I've noticed that only 31 of the 42 images are correctly stitched with a 141.3 percent vertical coverage.

To try to use 42 of 42 pictures, I'm trying to use the 'Structured panorama' option, which requires that you enter the details of the path through the photos the program should traverse to create the panorama.

Any help, greatly appreciated.

Has the path the Anafi takes while taking 360 Panoramas changed?

I'm using MS ICE to process the images, and I've noticed that only 31 of the 42 images are correctly stitched with a 141.3 percent vertical coverage.

To try to use 42 of 42 pictures, I'm trying to use the 'Structured panorama' option, which requires that you enter the details of the path through the photos the program should traverse to create the panorama.

Any help, greatly appreciated.
I haven't tried to panorama yet, but to observe the route, make a panorama at eye level.
Spark creates: down -> down -> down -> turns ---> up -> up ->up--> turns -> down -> down .....