Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

FAT32 File system on ANAFI and MacBook pro (problem solved!!)

If you have a data recovery app you can recover the video footage with that very easily.

Formatting does not actually wipe the data, it can theoretically still be recovered after formatting, but the data recovery app needs to be robust to achieve this. Formatting merely takes away the files that point the computers in the direction of where the files are on the disc.

The method you refer to is to be done before usage, so it is visible on Mac systems. I suspect that the person who originally shared it is using a very old Mac OS as they have referred to the Fat32 format, which was updated to ExFAT since 10.6.5 Snow Leopard. ExFAT is faster to read/write to SD cards & USB drives than FAT32, but still not as fast as NTFS, which is a proverbial pain to work with on a Mac!

The manual priory to purchase referred to OSx and Android so I assumed! but neither the direct link or the card reader via my iMac could see the card from my Anafi. After looking at this forum I formatted the card in the Imac as MS-FAT32 reinserted it into the drone, which ask me re format the cards. HUH! Oh well I did so and low and behold it now worked. Don't ask me why. I just accept my good fortune.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar