Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

FCC on iOS devices: SOLVED

Maghiso

Reaction score
Hello everybody, this is my first post here.

I'm going to share my experience on switching to FCC on my iPhone 8 Plus with iOS 12 Beta. I won't talk about Android, which make the switch already possible.

As it is well known, iOS doesn't permit any GPS spoofing. I use Xcode on my iMac or MacBook Air to simulate my position in the USA. This is already known. The spoofing "unlocks" the FCC, with all the frequencies on (both 2.4 and 5). But, the telemetry won't work: so, the distance between the drone and the controller is not correct (well, it is, it shows the distance from the USA!) or is not shown at all on the FF6. It is still possible to fly, but of course with danger and serious limits to the flight modes too. RTH is not affected at all, because it works of the take-off point, which works on the drone's GPS.

So, how to fly in FCC mode with the correct and real telemetry? After connecting everything, you will see all the frequencies on under the Network panel. Switch your iPhone to airplane mode. Switch the iPhone off. It's not necessary to disconnect it from the controller, nor restart the controller. Just leave everything as it was. The drone status (on, off, restarted) doesn't matter at all. When the iPhone restarts, STILL in airplane mode, it will ask to connect to FF6 automatically, since it is still plugged in. Open FF6 and you will still have FCC on under the Network panel. But, at this point, the telemetry will be all right. If you open Maps or Google Maps, you won't be in the USA any longer. The spoofing terminates once the iPhone restarts, as it is known. But as long as you will stay in airplane mode, for some reason, FF6 will make FCC still available. As soon as you exit the airplane mode, the FCC immediately stops and the 2.4 frequency only will show. That's it!

Attachments

• IMG_5554.PNG
    IMG_5554.PNG
    248.2 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_5555.PNG
    IMG_5555.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_5556.PNG
    IMG_5556.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 69
Reactions: dmbrody
This plus preloading the map in FF6 is a great solution. Thanks.

But you have cached the map before to switch to airplane mode ?
Have you never try to download the google map offline to see if the ff6 use google map as map ?

Thanks
On iOS in FF6 you can now cache maps ahead of time. From a quick look, it appears to be using the same map as Apple maps. That’s needs to be confirmed though.

Hi and nice work, dont know whether I am having an "Age problem" or just dumb..... I live in the UK so stuck in CE mode. I use the Iphone 7 Plus for flying.

What are you saying I need to do to the iPhone to get into FCC mode? I understand the last part of the procedure to get the data correct, but what is required in the first place to get the phone/bird into FCC mode?

Thanks

hi,
I have try your solution but it doesn’t work for me.
I have always only 2.4 enable and 5gz disabled.
I have follow these steps:
1. Turn on controller and drone.
2. Connect iPhone to the controller
3. All things connected.
4. Set iPhone in airplane mode
5. Switch off iPhone.
6. Turn on iPhone (aleays in airplane mode)
7. Allow ff6 to open when asked
8. Controller has always been connected to drone, also during iPhone reboot.
9. Check if in network menu 5g is available.
10. The answer is NO. We have only 2.4 not 5g so we are always in CE mode.

What’s wrong ?

Anyone have try the above solution and it’s working ?

Let us to known

Thanks
Mauro

hi,
I have try your solution but it doesn’t work for me.
I have always only 2.4 enable and 5gz disabled.
I have follow these steps:
1. Turn on controller and drone.
2. Connect iPhone to the controller
3. All things connected.
4. Set iPhone in airplane mode
5. Switch off iPhone.
6. Turn on iPhone (aleays in airplane mode)
7. Allow ff6 to open when asked
8. Controller has always been connected to drone, also during iPhone reboot.
9. Check if in network menu 5g is available.
10. The answer is NO. We have only 2.4 not 5g so we are always in CE mode.

What’s wrong ?

Anyone have try the above solution and it’s working ?

Let us to known

Thanks
Mauro
You miss this step first of all:
"I use Xcode on my iMac or MacBook Air to simulate my position in the USA."

I have a mac but never use it..... it was donated.... Would anyone care to do bullet points on how I use XCODE on the mac to simulate being in the USA with the iPhone, in an attempt to get this FCC working?

I am familiar with dowloading XCODE from the store first on the mac.... but from there on in, its a mystery.

Thanks

I have a mac but never use it..... it was donated.... Would anyone care to do bullet points on how I use XCODE on the mac to simulate being in the USA with the iPhone, in an attempt to get this FCC working?

I am familiar with dowloading XCODE from the store first on the mac.... but from there on in, its a mystery.

Thanks
Looks like this Xcode hack could work, although I’ve not tested it:

Interesting, definitely worth a try. I shall hook up the mac and take a look at xcode, and try and follow part of the video and part of the instructions posted here, and see where it takes me :) thanks for posting

I tried this and it doesn't seem to work for me.

I use the Xcode method to change location and 5 GHz becomes available. I switch to airplane mode then restart in airplane mode and FF6 reverts back to 2.4 Ghz only.

I tried this and it doesn't seem to work for me.

I use the Xcode method to change location and 5 GHz becomes available. I switch to airplane mode then restart in airplane mode and FF6 reverts back to 2.4 Ghz only.
if you reconnect to the internet resets in "CE" and you have to repeat the procedure for "FCC". you must stay offline from the internet during use. sorry for bad english i use a translator.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut