Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ANAFI 1.7.3, ANAFI THERMAL 1.7.3, ANAFI USA 1.7.4, FREEFLIGHT 6.7.0 (IOS & ANDROID), SKYCONTROLLER3 1.7.0

Is there a place I can upload and view my log files? I used Flight Data Manager to export and was wondering if there is further information available to why it just fell out the sky.

I don't use FDM (for no particular reason, it looks good) but Drone Data Management and Flight Analysis | Airdata UAV will format the raw JSON file to a more readable .CSV format that might show what happened. The CSV is also compatible with Dashware.

New versions out-time for a new thread? :)

No release notes for the 1.7.3 fw yet

Just checked play ste and it's reporting:

FreeFlight 6 latest update is compatible with all drones of the ANAFI range
ANAFI USA
-Support of ANAFI USA’s three cameras
-Encrypt the drone’s SD card
-New coordinates editor feature
All ANAFI drones:
-Advanced RTH features
-Improve flight behavior if some magnetometer decalibration is detected
-Support of French Direct Remote Identification system
Security Edition features
-Import offline cartography files into FreeFlight 6 app
-RTH and flight logs can be deactivated

Lots of new code in 6.7.0

They have the NASA world wind libraries (might be used to pull down 3d geographic and terrain views???)

Also they have the ability to add custom Map Tiles - either from a ZIP file or a folder - still trying to work out how this is to be done as there is no UI on the app for it, and cannot workout where the Map Tiles need to go for FF6 to pickup.

Another thing I noticed. There is a new model and skycontroller mentioned in the source code.

SKY_CONTROLLER_3(2328),
SKY_CONTROLLER_UA(2332);

and

ANAFI_4K(2324),
ANAFI_THERMAL(2329),
ANAFI_UA(2331),
ANAFI_USA(2334);

These are new mentions not seen in FF6 6.6.9

This makes my Anafi even more useful!
The advanced RTH features seem great, this way I can deploy in less than 30 seconds; in advance I will set the home point at my take off location; the anafi will be in the air even if it does not have any GPS yet

edit: updated and you can select if it needs to hover on RTH position or land, also you can input a custom position but I believe it would be with GPS coordinates. Otherwise you can select the (last known) pilot position as the home point

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lemieszek
Another thing I noticed. There is a new model and skycontroller mentioned in the source code.

SKY_CONTROLLER_3(2328),
SKY_CONTROLLER_UA(2332);

and

ANAFI_4K(2324),
ANAFI_THERMAL(2329),
ANAFI_UA(2331),
ANAFI_USA(2334);

These are new mentions not seen in FF6 6.6.9

Is there a new drone model in the works? Would love to see an updated Anafi with better reception (something like ocusync), higher max speed and maybe collision sensors

Is there a new drone model in the works? Would love to see an updated Anafi with better reception (something like ocusync), higher max speed and maybe collision sensors
Not that we know of other than the Anafi USA and the Anafi US Army versions.
I will post a link to a Drone Nerds Webinar I watched today on the Anafi USA in a new thread when the video is up. Parrot was directly asked a few times about any new drones and the executive said while Parrot is always developing new things, there is nothing immediate at this time.

So after spending too many hours browsing the code - looks like the UA is in effect the US Army version.

Higher power to the solders who are expected to use FF6 in the field!

What I learned is that if you have an USA or UA (army version), you have an menu where you request that FF6 is switched to allow extra SE (security extension) options to be shown.

This allows you to use map tiles (png / jpg / xml ) by putting them in to the 'Freeflight 6 / Custom maps' folder for the areas you want to file.

You are also able to switch off RTH, so the drone does not fly back or move when it loses contact with the controller. Suicide mode for the drone.

As well as the various encryption / password options for the SD card.

Is the higher power restricted to the USA version of the Anafi or do we all get it? If not is it possible to modify the code to enable it and the SE options? However that may mess with the camera as the app may then think that our humble Anafi's have 3 cameras.

Reactions: Huber
My iPad already got the new FF6.7.0 before I wanted to install it !

So I updated both my 2 Anafi and 2 SC3 and flew this morning 4 batteries.
Did not notice any difference with the previous versions. Everything went smoothly...

The good thing also is that I tried to program a small mission with Pix4DCapture and everything worked great. So I can say it’s compatible.

Just checked play ste and it's reporting:

FreeFlight 6 latest update is compatible with all drones of the ANAFI range
ANAFI USA
-Support of ANAFI USA’s three cameras
-Encrypt the drone’s SD card
-New coordinates editor feature
All ANAFI drones:
-Advanced RTH features
-Improve flight behavior if some magnetometer decalibration is detected
-Support of French Direct Remote Identification system
Security Edition features
-Import offline cartography files into FreeFlight 6 app
-RTH and flight logs can be deactivated
"-RTH and flight logs can be deactivated"
This is not a new development. This always happens when the drone turns off and drops with a 20-30% battery ... :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut