Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

files don't work when editing

Sidd Finch

Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue. When I record 4k HDR video from the ANAFI and import it into my video editing software (Adobe CS6) the first video plays fine but the remaining videos all have a very green tint to them. I end up using Handbrake to convert the remaining files but not sure why this might be happening. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Sidd

I have the same problem, it is most likely a bug that slipped in the latest Anafi firmware.
I noticed it after the 14th of May, before everything was OK. It shows mainly in Premiere but the problem seems to be that the first frames of the second (or third....) section are corrupted. Even if you manage to make it work on Premiere, the first frames are missing. Unlike before with the previous firmware(s) where the transition was not noticeable.
This problem was als reported in two other threads:
What editing sw do you use?
and Problems with video recording
This should be only one subject...

Thank you for the reply. I think you are correct about the timing too. It was fine when I first purchased the ANAFI but after awhile it started having the issue. I use Premiere CS6. I thought it might be the way ANAFI writes to the file. It is kind of a hassle to have to use handbrake for everything but I guess that is the price you pay.

Sidd

Thank you for the reply. I think you are correct about the timing too. It was fine when I first purchased the ANAFI but after awhile it started having the issue. I use Premiere CS6. I thought it might be the way ANAFI writes to the file. It is kind of a hassle to have to use handbrake for everything but I guess that is the price you pay.

Sidd
Have you tried a full format of your SD card? Long shot, but worth trying. You’ve probably written a lot of files, and deleted a lot of files on that SD card. It’s even possible the SD card is starting to go bad, which happens to all of them eventually.

Have you tried a full format of your SD card? Long shot, but worth trying. You’ve probably written a lot of files, and deleted a lot of files on that SD card. It’s even possible the SD card is starting to go bad, which happens to all of them eventually.
This problem is not related to the SD card. I have tried to format my card and used in addition different cards.
The problem is almost certainly related to a bug in the current Anafi firmware.
The bug - as I see it - is that in the beginning of the second part of the video recording some frames are faulty.
The result of this has different effects depending of what you are doing.
Some editing software as well as all my players just ignore the faulty files. When stitching the two sections together there is a visible transition. This definitely was not the case with the earlier firmware version of the Anafi. The transition was smooth.

On Premiere Pro these faulty frames upset the WHOLE video. The second part is not usable at all.
I have contacted Parrot last week, but so far no help.

This problem is not related to the SD card. I have tried to format my card and used in addition different cards.
The bug - as I see it - is that in the beginning of the second part of the video recording some frames are faulty.
Some editing software as well as all my players just ignore the faulty files. When stitching the two sections together there is a visible transition. This definitely was not the case with the earlier firmware version of the Anafi. The transition was smooth.

On Premiere Pro these faulty frames upset the WHOLE video. The second part is not usable at all.
Well, it was worth checking. I’m not seeing the same issue. I use Resolve and occasionally FinalCut. Here’s another long-shot suggestion for you... reset your anafi (and controller) to factory default. Then run all the firmware upgrades again. While it’s reset, do a test video... if possible (you’ll probably get kicked right into the firmware update screens, so it won’t be possible).

Last edited:
Well, it was worth checking. I’m not seeing the same issue. I use Resolve and occasionally FinalCut. Here’s another long-shot suggestion for you... reset your anafi (and controller) to factory default. Then run all the firmware upgrades again. While it’s reset, do a test video... if possible (you’ll probably get kicked right into the firmware update screens, so it won’t be possible).

Thanks, for your support,
I did all of that before I complained.

Unfortunately it is not possible to install on the Anafi one of the previous firmware releases, it always loads the latest. (current)

You may see the fault of the corrupted and missing frames only when you use a big 4k TV screen or display. It is vesy short, probably .3 seconds.
Only when you use Premiere it is very obvious as it is not working at all with the new firmware - however, worked well with the old firmware.

The principal disadvantage of the Anafi in this regard is that the video is split in several sections as the SD card must be formated in fat32. The more modern exFat format doesn't has the 4GB limit and one would never have the stich sections together.

The OP said it happens when he records 4k HDR video. Does this happen to you guys when it is just regualar 4K video? Perhaps its a problem with the HDR part? noidea (1).gif

Unfortunately it is not possible to install on the Anafi one of the previous firmware releases, it always loads the latest. (current)

You may see the fault of the corrupted and missing frames only when you use a big 4k TV screen or display. It is vesy short, probably .3 seconds.
Only when you use Premiere it is very obvious as it is not working at all with the new firmware - however, worked well with the old firmware.

The principal disadvantage of the Anafi in this regard is that the video is split in several sections as the SD card must be formated in fat32. The more modern exFat format doesn't has the 4GB limit and one would never have the stich sections together.
Yup. I’m certainly aware of the 4GB limit (and many other limitations of that dated file system). However, I can confirm I’m not seeing the behavior you are seeing on a variety of reference displays, from iPhone right up to 4K displays and above (eg 5K workstations).

So much insight awesome. It sounds like that when the file is recording and it reaches the maxim file size it creates a new file to keep recording. Looks like that file is corrupted. I am going to try and test by stopping the record then starting the record so that it creates a new file. Then check if that file is corrupted too. It might be happening only when the file gets continued to the second file.

Too Bad they cannot issue a patch to fix in SW.

Sidd

Skimming back through the post, I don’t see what SD card you are using. I use the fastest SD on the supported list (400gb). I know you’ve tried a few different cards, but which ones specifically?

Skimming back through the post, I don’t see what SD card you are using. I use the fastest SD on the supported list (400gb). I know you’ve tried a few different cards, but which ones specifically?

Using SanDisk Ultra 64 GB

Would be interesting to know what editing SW you are using where you have not seen/noticed problems with (smooth) transitions between first and second sequence when using the 1.5.6 firmware, 4K 30 fps ?

Using SanDisk Ultra 64 GB

Would be interesting to know what editing SW you are using where you have not seen/noticed problems with (smooth) transitions between first and second sequence when using the 1.5.6 firmware, 4K 30 fps ? .
Davinci Resolve.

Up to now I have not got any helpful response from Parrot, the problem is still there and puzzles me. For what I'm doing it is real disadvantage.
I did some research to find out details of the recorded videos, the ones without a problem and the newer faulty ones.
I have compared my video clips and the times when they were taken.
The last video without the fault is from the 5th of May 2019.
The first video with the fault I recorded on the 8th of May 2019
i can't say for sure when I made the update of the Anafi firmware, but it was in these days.
Checking the beginning of the second segments of videos I found this:

With the old firmware
Keyframe
30 frames
Keyframe
30 frames...

With the current firmware 1.5.6
Keyframe
Keyframe
30 frames
Keyframe
30 frames...

Obviously the two consecutive Keyframes at the beginning confuse my Adobe Premiere.
When I manage to delete the first keyframe of the faulty segment I can import the file to Premiere, however there is a visible gap in the transition. This jump I noticed independently of what other editing softwares I used.
Hopefully in September, the vacation period is over in France, and a new firmware without this bug will come.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking