Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Filming in the mountains

I wanted to film Ice climbers,but not able to because of the height.
Our best bet was software from someone like Auriga(Bebop software)
which would allow override of height limitations.I mean really,following an Ice climber poses a threat to what.Planes trains,automobiles ?
I asked Auriga a number of months ago if they would develop software for the Anafi,much like the Bebop.They replied they were waiting for the SDK files from Parrot to allow them to continue.They are still waiting.Not surprised.Dont see much hope now.
Unfortunately that is reality... that's why,we have to do research before to buy something. Unfortunately, I just checked that Anafi is light with good camera and these unreal advertisements with Mike Horn and mountain biking and mountains and just bought it. Now, I found that it is really useless....so I think even the cheaper DJI spark is more appropriate than Anafi. For Mavic air it's sure.

You are correct in that research is always best BEFORE purchasing.
I asked Auriga about the possibility of Anafi software before purchasing the Anafi. They were looking forward to getting the software developers code from Parrot for the Anafi so we could not only bypass the height restrictions,but also use our phones in split screen fpv viewers as well.
Too bad Parrot's service has taken a big hit since then.Oh well.

• Sad
Reactions: Krusty Geeza
This youtube page has a lot of videos on drones following his jeep ... as he goes quite fast and changing altitudes. The anafi really destroyed the Mavic Pro on this, because of its ability to adjust altitude based on the barometer in his ipad, or you phone or gps. VEGASROBBI WRANGLERLSJK ... and this comparison of mavic pro vs anafi ... is interesting:
... and for mountain biking or skiing ... I'd consider the insta360 instead of using a drone ... it'll look like a drone was used.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood