Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Firmware ANAFI 1.7.7

quetzalquatl

Reaction score
1.7.7....[emoji849] Mmmm... Should I go ahead and update it?
6e757d604416adcea585126a091d6ddc.jpg

Sent from1+7T using Tapatalk Pro

Very strange firmware update outside of a FF6 update - I wonder what they had to 'fix' urgently.

ANAFI 1.7.7​

• Improved drone’s gimbal stability on Anafi FPV.

I’m under the impression that this firmware update is not only for the ‘FPV Anafi’ new version, as both my old Anafi (one was from the first batch sold in France) are asked to update to the 1.7.7 firmware.

I’m also concerned about the actual modifications they made for this firmware. As we could see from recent firmware updates, they do not mention Or document all ‘improvements’ made on the bird (remember the GPS change or things with the SkyController 3/phone GPS management that are not mentioned on the release notes... where we all know some changes did occur...)

Did any of you test the new firmware compatibility with the modded FF6 versions ?

Reactions: Gipsz Jakab
I've updated the 1.7.7 and ran a 24 point orbit using the online flight planner, and it SEEMED A LOT smoother than my prior attempts. The side-to-side yaw jerkiness was considerably less as the Anafi transitioned from waypoint to waypoint. Much more like I would have expected. Weather where I live has been windy and rainy lately so not many opportunities for flying but will try additional flight plans in coming days.

I also thought I saw a release note in 1.7.7 within the freeflight app during the firmware update that showed three improvements and this was one of them. But the online release notes only reference FPV gimbal stability.

Anyone else experiencing higher quality flight plan video?

I've updated the 1.7.7 and ran a 24 point orbit using the online flight planner, and it SEEMED A LOT smoother than my prior attempts. The side-to-side yaw jerkiness was considerably less as the Anafi transitioned from waypoint to waypoint. Much more like I would have expected. Weather where I live has been windy and rainy lately so not many opportunities for flying but will try additional flight plans in coming days.

I also thought I saw a release note in 1.7.7 within the freeflight app during the firmware update that showed three improvements and this was one of them. But the online release notes only reference FPV gimbal stability.

what about the battery % ? Is this alright or does it jump to lower levels !!

Didn't see any changes good or bad to the battery % reporting. However, I've not experienced prior problems with dramatic battery % swings or anafi shutdowns.

Parrot doesn't give much information about what has been changed in the firmware. This has been the case before.
Anafi user gets a cat in the bag (it's no coincidence that I'm still on 1.6.3 FW).
I think the interception of telemetry data broadcasts has also been included in accordance with European drone laws (the authority can see where you are flying, where you have flown, where your home point is).
They won’t say that because DJI shoppers were also very outraged when DJI introduced this.

Reactions: sibujacob
I’m not sure interception of telemetry data broadcasts are documented in any European law. I would be grateful if you could point me to this law you are referencing ?

What the Anafi has recently made possible (only if the telepilot decides it’s ok), is the broadcast of the telemetry data at a specific format required by the French government (as the Anafi is a French drone, I guess it was easy to get the specs in advance).
It is only active if you decide to activate it on the FF6 app. And it is only readable by the French policemen... that still do not have an app to read it...
They are debating between the French administration and the European administration to determine if this WiFi broadcast can be compatible with the European requirement.
... when they agree on a solution, we will all have a new drone (probably made in China ;o)

Tested this morning 3 batteries with the new firmware. Everything was fine.
One battery was with Pix4DCapture on iOS. Ok as well...

I’m not sure interception of telemetry data broadcasts are documented in any European law. I would be grateful if you could point me to this law you are referencing ?

What the Anafi has recently made possible (only if the telepilot decides it’s ok), is the broadcast of the telemetry data at a specific format required by the French government (as the Anafi is a French drone, I guess it was easy to get the specs in advance).
It is only active if you decide to activate it on the FF6 app. And it is only readable by the French policemen... that still do not have an app to read it...
They are debating between the French administration and the European administration to determine if this WiFi broadcast can be compatible with the European requirement.
... when they agree on a solution, we will all have a new drone (probably made in China ;o)
I didn't say it was required by law. I said it was in accordance with the law. In order to enforce the law, the authorities may in the future deploy devices that can monitor the pilot flying the drone. To do this, manufacturers must modify the firmware so that the base-encrypted data stream can be monitored using a master key that will be in the monitoring devices.
Currently (in principle) the user can turn it on, but who knows ...

I've run a few additional automated flight plans with 1.7.7 firmware. After reviewing them, I don't' think the video yaw is any smoother. This is subjective and difficult to assess from different videos because I used slightly different flight plan parameters. It MIGHT be a little better but am fairly certain it is about the same as the prior few firmware revisions :(

On a positive note, I've now completed 5 flights with the new firmware and encountered no issues with batteries nor functionality.

I've run a few additional automated flight plans with 1.7.7 firmware. After reviewing them, I don't' think the video yaw is any smoother. This is subjective and difficult to assess from different videos because I used slightly different flight plan parameters. It MIGHT be a little better but am fairly certain it is about the same as the prior few firmware revisions :(

On a positive note, I've now completed 5 flights with the new firmware and encountered no issues with batteries nor functionality.
So should i shift my thermal from 1.6.3 to 1.7.6 or 1.7.7

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar