Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Flight Plan Camera Angles

SkySpy

Reaction score
Greetings fellow pilots! I have been experimenting with the flight plan feature. Watched a few videos before creating one. One of the reviewers on YT mentioned that he could not get the camera angle settings to work while executing his flight plan. BTW, those setting can be found in the "Time Line" portion of the flight plan. There is a little icon at the bottom of the screen for this. Oddly there is no mention of the feature in the PDF user manual. My flight plan was not perfect. It followed the way point locations and altitude settings but seemed to ignore my camera angles. It paused at some of the way points and not at others. I had it set for the progressive mode which should have prevented the pauses. I called Tech support. The tech said the pauses where normal if there were many changes to take place at a given set point. My plan was fairly simple so i not sure I can agree with that explanation. My firmware is up to date, but he recommended i update the App which I plan to do in the morning. Has anyone else had success with the camera angles in flight plan?

The pause has a lot to do with how much heading change there is at each waypoint.....small change, no pause.... big change, pause. I have not gotten camera angles to work in Flight Plan either.

The pause has a lot to do with how much heading change there is at each waypoint.....small change, no pause.... big change, pause. I have not gotten camera angles to work in Flight Plan either.
The pauses I can live with but the camera angles are a must. I did notice that I can adjust the camera during the flight plan, but it is difficult to do this smoothly. I'm going to try using POI in the FP to see if that would help.

Generally I have no problems with pausing at the way points in FP. provided the angle of the camera position changes <60 degrees and the distance between the way point is >150 meters.
Sometimes it helps to include a few extra way points to avoid quick changes. Working with POI is also a great way. The only snag I have noticed is the rather quick change of the vertical camera position once the drone enters the POI zone. However, this can be corrected in the general settings I think. .

Greetings fellow pilots! I have been experimenting with the flight plan feature. Watched a few videos before creating one. One of the reviewers on YT mentioned that he could not get the camera angle settings to work while executing his flight plan. BTW, those setting can be found in the "Time Line" portion of the flight plan. There is a little icon at the bottom of the screen for this. Oddly there is no mention of the feature in the PDF user manual. My flight plan was not perfect. It followed the way point locations and altitude settings but seemed to ignore my camera angles. It paused at some of the way points and not at others. I had it set for the progressive mode which should have prevented the pauses. I called Tech support. The tech said the pauses where normal if there were many changes to take place at a given set point. My plan was fairly simple so i not sure I can agree with that explanation. My firmware is up to date, but he recommended i update the App which I plan to do in the morning. Has anyone else had success with the camera angles in flight plan?
Hello, i have had some decent success with Flight Plan, though i did have to fly it numerous times and Tweek the waypoint (altitudes and position) and POI (altitudes and position) settings to obtain a great path. For me, it was a lot easier, after all the waypoints and POIs were in-place, was for me to control the angle of the camera during its run.
I also agree about the lack of explanation in the manual. I was able to play around with some of the time line features. The angle control (lime green color button) did work well with minor adjustments. And once you make to angle adjustment you can see the actual angle in the display box. Though they should reference that -90 means its pointing straight up and 90 is point straight down. Another issue i had was not being able to control which direction the drone would turn in the 360 function. I didn't get a choice of left or right. Best thing about the manual not explaining it, is that it keeps us flying, learning more and adding more to this forum.

.... I'm going to try using POI in the FP to see if that would help.
Whenever I used a POI in FP the camera adjusted itself perfectly to always point at the POI regardless of the altitude assigned for each waypoint, and the transitions at each waypoint were smooth, without pauses, but I had a lot of them, about every 30 feet and with only about a 15 degree change in where the camera was pointed for each.

Last edited:
Reactions: MustangPhil
I am finding the improvements they made to Flight Plan much better then it was before. The old Flight Plan would stop and turn 90 degrees and then carry on its way. Now you can see from my photo it makes a nice arch around. You can still see a slight slow down but turning 90 degrees is not easy for any UAV.

I still would like to see them fix the very fast camera angle adjustment when it sees its first POI. Even having it set very low in the settings has no effect in flight plan. This should be relative to what you have your camera and gimbal settings at.

Screenshot 2019-09-27 17.20.08.png

Reactions: SkySpy
Thanks for your reply! Yes, they are still tuning the apps and firmware. We should remember that this drone is still relatively new. Was it Sept. 2018 when it was released? Hopefully they will address the issues we are discussing here.

Thanks for your reply! Yes, they are still tuning the apps and firmware. We should remember that this drone is still relatively new. Was it Sept. 2018 when it was released? Hopefully they will address the issues we are discussing here.

July 2018. A week after the Autel EVO. The Anafi has many more features then the EVO although the EVO has a much better camera.

July 2018. A week after the Autel EVO. The Anafi has many more features then the EVO although the EVO has a much better camera.
Hello Agustine, When I purchased the Anafi I was skeptical of the 21 megapixel rating. I tested it against my Spark and Q500 photo quality. These photos were taken in raw format ( spark lacks raw format so I did not attach). I took the photo of the entire building and then cropped in around 500% to compare. Both the Q500 and the Spark are 12-13 megapixel. If they are are 12-13 megapixel then i would say the Anafi is indeed 21 megapixel according to this test. The Evo and other drones may have superior video quality, I'm just getting into video and lack the hardware and software to do a proper test. As for photo quality I think the Anafi is among the best.

Attachments

• P0400040_Crop.jpg
    P0400040_Crop.jpg
    967.3 KB · Views: 7
  • YUN00051_Crop.jpg
    YUN00051_Crop.jpg
    409.8 KB · Views: 7
Anafi's video is terrible in the shadows. No detail at all. Many posts on here where people have tested it. You need to know what your looking for. The Autel video is far superior to the Anafi and compares to most high end DJI drones.

Anafi's video is terrible in the shadows. No detail at all. Many posts on here where people have tested it. You need to know what your looking for. The Autel video is far superior to the Anafi and compares to most high end DJI drones.
Thank you for the reply! As a photographer, the still image is of more importance than video at this point. i appreciate your input.

My Anafi is not that bad in shadows, I still get detail, just not as much as some might want. It's the interplay between light and shadow that makes a good photo or video, unless of course you want flat lighting, which is good for some shots. Going up just half a stop on the EV may improve shadow detail. However, really contrasty subjects are just difficult for cameras to deal with.

Most of my videos are not really contrasty, so I have not noticed this problem. But then I'm no longer a professional photographer and I'm not so finicky as I once was. :unsure:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
folgorem