Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Flight plan not followed

papegoja

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new user and new owner of Anafi, only used it at three ocasions but really like it so far, it is silent, easy to control and has good video and photo quality.

Needing some practice this evening I went out to try flight plan around a church in open field and for most part it went well. I was experimenting with video settings and realized that point-of-interest hight is very important for framing :)

After second execution of flight plan I triggered RTH and was impressed by Anafi precision. 3rd and 4th flights were done on another battery even if first battery still had a lot of juice.

4th flight executed well for most part as previous three but instead of flying to the last point and stopping there Anafi started flying in wrong direction.

Luckily manual controls worked and I was able to stop it before hitting something.

Have to say that I calibrated drone before first flight on location, changed battery after second mission, GPS was green all time and never lost radio or visual contact with the drone.

Since battery was showing more than 60% I decided to give it one more go and pressed play button to execute flight plan one more time.

This time Anafi took totally wrong approach way of the flight plan and if I did not stopped it it would have ended in some low bushes :(

It is little bit scary as I cannot really figure out reason why it did what it did.

I have contacted Parrot support but wanted to ask if some of you maybe have experienced something similar and maybe can give some advice?

Many thanks in advance

I have not experienced this, but the first thing I would do is create a new Flight Plan identical to this one and see if the behavior is the same. If is is not, and the new plan goes according to plan ( ;) ) then something happened to the first plan between the first flight and the others. I have found that it is ridiculously easy to foul up a flight plan without even realizing that you touched the screen! I reload the flight plan for each iteration of that plan for that reason.

Good point, thank you, will remember that.

Trying to develop some "good habits" from start and will try to include your advice as well

Hi,

I am new user and new owner of Anafi, only used it at three ocasions but really like it so far, it is silent, easy to control and has good video and photo quality.

Needing some practice this evening I went out to try flight plan around a church in open field and for most part it went well. I was experimenting with video settings and realized that point-of-interest hight is very important for framing :)

After second execution of flight plan I triggered RTH and was impressed by Anafi precision. 3rd and 4th flights were done on another battery even if first battery still had a lot of juice.

4th flight executed well for most part as previous three but instead of flying to the last point and stopping there Anafi started flying in wrong direction.

Luckily manual controls worked and I was able to stop it before hitting something.

Have to say that I calibrated drone before first flight on location, changed battery after second mission, GPS was green all time and never lost radio or visual contact with the drone.

Since battery was showing more than 60% I decided to give it one more go and pressed play button to execute flight plan one more time.

This time Anafi took totally wrong approach way of the flight plan and if I did not stopped it it would have ended in some low bushes :(

It is little bit scary as I cannot really figure out reason why it did what it did.

I have contacted Parrot support but wanted to ask if some of you maybe have experienced something similar and maybe can give some advice?

Many thanks in advance

Hi.

Yes it sounds strange in my ears that Anafi can't just fly the flight plan you've ordered. I flew a plan of 14 minutes yesterday and it was followed closely.

The only advice I can give you is to restart Anafi, the controller and the phone/tablet and fly one more time, provided you dare. Maybe it will be a best and try if Anafi can fly normally on the controllers stick alone first.

Good luck, regards Leif.

Reactions: dashSolo
It is also very easy to foul up a Flight Plan while simply trying to zoom in on the tiny smartphone screen....you have to find a small clear area and take little finger spreads at a time.....or just don't zoom in at all. That won't have any affect on the flight, although it looks awful at a long zoom level.

I finally got Teamviewer to work and it made creating accurate Flight Plans SO much easier.

Thank you for all input, it is possible I messed it up somehow but given that was failing both at the end and start of flight plan route worries me a bit.

Manual controls worked without problem so that is a good thing in all this :)

Will probably try today with a simpler and shorter flight plan just to see if everything is normal.

Thank you again

Reactions: Landbo
Just a quick update, tried flight plan today again with a simple two waypoints just to check and it worked just fine, confidence restored :)

thank you for all inputs

Reactions: Landbo
I'm assuming you initiate the flight plan from the same location and in the same orientation each time you flew it. If you take off from different locations the Anafi is going to fly from wherever you take off directly to the first waypoint so if you do change locations you have to be sure nothing is between the Anafi and the first waypoint when you start the flight. I don't thing changing the orientation would have an impact on the initial direction but can say for sure.

It was indeed same location every time only different video settings for comparison.

Guessing that I might have changed the plan (perhaps added some waypoints) when switching from map to camera view.

...that is only logical explanation at the moment so from now on will try to reload the plan before every flight as suggested by Rocky

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut