Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Flight today..No Video recorded??

RedBoatToo

Reaction score
I haven't used my ANAFI for awhile so today I started it up.. notified that update was pending so as usual I let it update... Then I took my first flight.. All was normal with everything until I landed and wanted to view the video.. NOTHING.. I did see several still photos during the flight (on the dones SD card) but there was no video what so ever. I have it set to start recording on take off as in the past.. film mode set.. JUST NO RECORDED VIDEO. I then reformated the SD card in the drone, took off with same results (still photos recorded but no video).. Any suggestions or things I might have overlooked would be greatly appreciated. I have had this drone for many months now and bever experienced this.. HELP I might add that the video feed from the in flight drone to the controler/phone is perfect..

Last edited:
1. Did you already try with another SD card ?
2. When the drone or SD card is connected to your computer, right-click on the SD drive to see if the size and free disk space is correct, with no read-only warning anywhere. Is the usual "Anafi" directory structure present on the SD card (one dir for images, another for flight data...) ?
3. If everything is correct, try to copy a video from the PC to the card to see if it doesn't fail (then don't forget to erase it before the next flight !).
4. Next time you take off, watch carefully the little red circle on the bottom right of the screen, it should become a red square, if not tap on it to start the recording. You should see the time left (card space) displayed just below it, and it should change if the video is correctly recorded. Record your smartphone screen if you can't do this while flying...

Reactions: Gipsz Jakab
What is the speed of the SD?
It can be, in case you trying 4k, that this lets not record something?
How long is the preview frozen, when taking pictures?
Can you do a sphere? How long does that one need to complete?

"I haven't used my ANAFI for awhile so today I started it up.. ....."
About a week ago I was in the same position.
Long break from flying..... then first flight for ages....... First few seconds showed on the video...... then nothing.
Explanation: Because of my long absence the small brains in my fingers were not working well.
After take off, I wanted to press the OPTICS RESET button (left hand finger)
My right hand finger pressed the SHUTTER button instead. This switched the function from Video to Camera.

I find it very easy to accidentally press the wrong button, from time to time.
Regards
Douglas

Ha ha "small brains in the fingers"... I usually transfer all the video and photo files from the Anafi to the PC after each flight (shift + drag&drop), so that the SD card is nearly empty for the next flight, but on 1 occasion I copied the files (drag&drop) instead of transferring them. And during the next flight, after a few minutes, I notice the video is not recording... I press the right button, tap the icon on the phone's screen, but the recording stops again and again. I couldn't understand, blaming Parrot in my head, until I came home, to see the SD card was just full...

Another case of lack of video recording is autolanding on low batteries, there was a video file on the card, but corrupted, 0 k... it only happened on one occasion to me, so I'm not sure if it always happens this way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Batman