Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Fly away

Tornado

Reaction score
Well it's finally flew away from me and lost in space ☹️
I thought I'd get a last minute sunset,well it was the last sunset that I viewed on the app and as I was doing a slow 360 it suddenly went haywire,looking on the app at the time I quickly noticed no GPS.
I tried to control it but to no avail,it was spinning and yawing off to one side and no amount of stick input would control it.
It was making a weird whirring type of sound,so maybe one of the props had disintegrated ?
I did a drone calibration prior to take off.
But my bad I did not check to see if it had a GPS lock,I will admit to that☹️
I had a search for it but to no avail,I think it's stuck up a tree,as there are quite a few in the woods.
As it was getting dark and I kept losing my footing, I'll have another look tomorrow in the daylight.
94 flights in total and flown from this location before.
Well past warranty, I've had it for 2 excellent years of flying,good bye old friend ☹️

Sounds like it broke a prop. If it did not drop the battery you might see it in the dark as the battery will last for a pretty long time and you might see the bottom LED.
Finding them up in trees is hit or miss. Hopefully you have luck tomorrow.

Really a bummer
assuming you checked Last Known position in FF6
If you should find way up in a tree check out this thread - may help to recover
Good Luck

Be patient and keep faith !

When I rescued mine, I first had to struggle with the fact the Anafi is ‘Grey’ and lost in the Brown and dark green woods. Just think of the white spherical ‘head’ of the drone and try to look for a ‘ping pong ball’ (now my two Anafis have stripes of orange tape...).

Autel drones that are very ‘Orange’, if not as elegant, are at least very visible...

Keep us informed, and read the thread @BRC is mentioning. I could not believe I could retrieve my drone from a high tree... and I took it down rather easily.

May the luck be with you ...

Reactions: Tornado
Sounds like it broke a prop. If it did not drop the battery you might see it in the dark as the battery will last for a pretty long time and you might see the bottom LED.
Finding them up in trees is hit or miss. Hopefully you have luck tomorrow.
I think you might be correct in your views

Thanks for the reply ?

Really a bummer
assuming you checked Last Known position in FF6
If you should find way up in a tree check out this thread - may help to recover
Good Luck

I have put reflective tape in the arms but these will only reflect if a light source is pointed at them.
Hard to spot in the daylight up a tree ☹️
Thanks for your reply

Be patient and keep faith !

When I rescued mine, I first had to struggle with the fact the Anafi is ‘Grey’ and lost in the Brown and dark green woods. Just think of the white spherical ‘head’ of the drone and try to look for a ‘ping pong ball’ (now my two Anafis have stripes of orange tape...).

Autel drones that are very ‘Orange’, if not as elegant, are at least very visible...

Keep us informed, and read the thread @BRC is mentioning. I could not believe I could retrieve my drone from a high tree... and I took it down rather easily.

May the luck be with you ...

Yes that's what I have been focusing on trying to locate my Anafi.
But it's a very small sphere and my eyesight is not that good ??
The USAF did a research back in the 50's with stand out colours and orange was the best and final outcome of that, I believe.
So I'll keep looking for now

Thanks for your reply ?

Reactions: MustangPhil
When mine decided to hang out in a tree two winters ago I went back many times to look for it. It was not till the spring that I noticed it hanging like a bat upside down. LOL

2019-03-22 14.14.12.jpg

Reactions: DaveN and Tornado
Update on the flyaway.

I have very luckily found it yeah ?
It had hit a boulder and the arm is snapped at the motor mount ☹️
But it could have been worse,it could have been lost forever ?
So one arm to acquire,in the photo you can see that it does not lock in the same position as the front right arm,so maybe there is another broken part internally.
Will check when I get round to disassembling it.
I believe that the new stronger thermal arms will fit ?
So I'll have to see which I go.
So the cause of all this distress was a prop letting go as when I found it,there was one prop missing.
Battery was still attached luckily and in working order,just needed a charge up
Need to check the props more often in future,even though I did check them a couple of flights earlier.

Thanks once again for all your help and support ?
Fly safe ✈️

Can't load photos for some reason,will keep trying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame