Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Flying in Denmark

Joe_Scot

Reaction score
A question to any Danish residents please .... ( I know you may be able to help @Landbo )

I'm planning a short holiday in Denmark later this month - my fifth visit, but first time since I have been flying a drone. I've read all the information on the website: Droneregler.dk and also Naviair Web Portal

I discovered that the requirements include having insurance, drone registration, and also passing a test of 12 multiple choice questions (registration and test are free of charge).

I wanted to register, and take the test, but it seems that the site: blanket.virk.dk requires you to go via "Nemlog-in" (Fejl) and it appears you have to be a Danish resident to get a "Nemlog-in".

The weird thing is that last month I was able to reach the multiple choice test page (I took a screenshot) but now I can't get past the Nemlog-in portal. Maybe it was a website glitch last month!

Do you know - does a foreign tourist need to register / take the test? If so, any idea how I proceed?

I have sent an email asking about this to the address given @tbst.dk, but haven't had a reply yet after 3 days so not sure how long I might have to wait.

As a separate question, I'm flying to/from Billund and planning to stick to Jutland as I've visited Zealand and Funen before. I'll have a car. Can you recommend any 'must-see' places in Jutland?

Thanks!

A question to any Danish residents please .... ( I know you may be able to help @Landbo )

I'm planning a short holiday in Denmark later this month - my fifth visit, but first time since I have been flying a drone. I've read all the information on the website: Droneregler.dk and also Naviair Web Portal

I discovered that the requirements include having insurance, drone registration, and also passing a test of 12 multiple choice questions (registration and test are free of charge).

I wanted to register, and take the test, but it seems that the site: blanket.virk.dk requires you to go via "Nemlog-in" (Fejl) and it appears you have to be a Danish resident to get a "Nemlog-in".

The weird thing is that last month I was able to reach the multiple choice test page (I took a screenshot) but now I can't get past the Nemlog-in portal. Maybe it was a website glitch last month!

Do you know - does a foreign tourist need to register / take the test? If so, any idea how I proceed?

I have sent an email asking about this to the address given @tbst.dk, but haven't had a reply yet after 3 days so not sure how long I might have to wait.

As a separate question, I'm flying to/from Billund and planning to stick to Jutland as I've visited Zealand and Funen before. I'll have a car. Can you recommend any 'must-see' places in Jutland?

Thanks!

Hey.

Yes it is a long time @tbst.dk must have to answer.

Yes you cannot use NemId as a foreign citizen to log in, only us Danes have it.

I can see there are errors in the links on www.droneregler.dk The best advice I can come up with is to write directly to info(@)modelflyvning.dk and let them guide you. It is only at the Danish Model Flying Club that you can by a guest insurance as it is the only place it can be made if you do not have one that is applicable internationally.

Hope this can help you to be able to fly legally in Denmark.

Regards Leif.

Last edited:

Thanks!

It is difficult to suggest some places you absolutely cannot live without having seen here in Denmark as it requires I know which interests that you have.

Don't know if you know this site Danmark - ferie i Danmark | Her finder du ALT om at holde ferie i Danmark Don't know if it can see you coming from Scotland and automatically switch to English. Otherwise, you can use Google Translate.

PS. I see right now you can change language in the lower right side of the page if it does not happen automatically !!!

Regards Leif.

Last edited:
Many thanks Leif for both of your replies. I will follow up with the Danish Model Flying Club as you suggest. I am in fact a member of the British Model Flying Association, which gives me insurance worldwide.

For scenery, I am of course close to many mountains in Scotland, so I know the landscape of Denmark is quite different! But I have really enjoyed all my previous visits to Denmark and especially to places with beautiful old buildings and cobbled streets such as Aeroskobing. I love visiting islands too!

I've looked at the "Visit Denmark" site in the past but had forgotten about it. Will take another look - thanks!

Many thanks Leif for both of your replies. I will follow up with the Danish Model Flying Club as you suggest. I am in fact a member of the British Model Flying Association, which gives me insurance worldwide.

For scenery, I am of course close to many mountains in Scotland, so I know the landscape of Denmark is quite different! But I have really enjoyed all my previous visits to Denmark and especially to places with beautiful old buildings and cobbled streets such as Aeroskobing. I love visiting islands too!

I've looked at the "Visit Denmark" site in the past but had forgotten about it. Will take another look - thanks!

Yes, it will probably be even easier when you are a member of the British Model Flying Association.

If you are into old buildings I highly recommend the old town in Aarhus even though it is a museum Den Gamle By - Den Gamle By

Do you want to see how people lived and work in the countryside there is also Frilandsmuseet at Hjerl Hede Velkommen til Hjerlhede.dk | Hjerlhede.dk where there are both buildings and agricultural tools showing how poor people was lived. Also there is Gammel Estrup Gammel Estrup - Besøg Danmarks Herregårdsmuseum there is an agricultural museum but shows more the life seen from how landlords operated agriculture in the old days.

When you have been to Ærøskøbing, I probably cannot find other cities in Denmark that have so many old houses but in all the port cities on the east coast of Jutland and in the Limfjord there are old houses near the harbor.

Hope this helps you.

Regards Leif.

Thanks for the recommendations - definitely helpful... I have had a look at each and will definitely try to visit at least one of them. Ærøskøbing was certainly special - I remember it well despite visiting about 20 years ago. Might even go back there again but perhaps I should concentrate on visiting new places!

Reactions: Landbo
Have been meaning to follow up to let you know @Landbo that I had (yet another) great holiday in Denmark!

I visited Vejle, Ebeltoft, Nykobing Mors, Thisted - and lots of beautiful places between. I did go to Gammel Estrup and found it really interesting, so thanks for the suggestion!

Unfortunately the reply I received from TBST did not solve the drone registration issue, but just confirmed there is an issue!!

"The Danish Transpor, Construction, and Housing Authority (TBST) is aware that it is not always possible (technical problem) for foreign drone pilots (without Danish CPR number), to take the “dronetegn” tests and register as drone owners. TBST hopes to be able to offer foreign drone pilots these (free) services in the near future.

We are currently working on fixing this problem but we do not have other options right now for registration."

Thanks again for your advice Leif. Denmark is still one of my favourite countries to visit.

Have been meaning to follow up to let you know @Landbo that I had (yet another) great holiday in Denmark!

I visited Vejle, Ebeltoft, Nykobing Mors, Thisted - and lots of beautiful places between. I did go to Gammel Estrup and found it really interesting, so thanks for the suggestion!

Unfortunately the reply I received from TBST did not solve the drone registration issue, but just confirmed there is an issue!!

"The Danish Transpor, Construction, and Housing Authority (TBST) is aware that it is not always possible (technical problem) for foreign drone pilots (without Danish CPR number), to take the “dronetegn” tests and register as drone owners. TBST hopes to be able to offer foreign drone pilots these (free) services in the near future.

We are currently working on fixing this problem but we do not have other options right now for registration."

Thanks again for your advice Leif. Denmark is still one of my favourite countries to visit.

Glad you enjoyed your holiday.

It is simply too bad that TBST has not made it so that foreign pilots can get the mentioned permit to fly in Denmark. I wonder even more about how the Danish Model Aircraft Club has been able to do international competitions in this country with the participation of pilots from all over the world. I have to guess that the pilots had no permit to fly in Denmark. Hope you brought your Anafi to the country anyway, and flew the trips you wanted.

Regards Leif.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
folgorem