Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Flying your ANAFI drones as usual under the new European Drone regulations

Good video done by "Ian in London", which fully explains in simple terms the various classifications and what you can and cannot do.

Just watched the whole thing, and the general advise is grab a DJI Mini or Mini 2 as they are the least restricted.

New UK Drone Regulations 2021 - Where You Can Now Fly with YOUR Model from 31 Dec 20 - YouTube
I too watched Ian’s video and found it a lot easier to digest than the official CAA document.

I won’t be rushing out anytime soon to purchase a DJI Mini, as for the six or seven years I’ve been flying I’ve only ever flown in what would now be classed as the A3 category. I appreciate not everyone is in a situation as to have access to such an area on their doorstep and a Mini would be a prudent choice. It will be interesting to see the development of drone technology between now and January 2023. The main stumbling block for the Mini2 to overcome is its lack of resistance to windy conditions, but given the improvements made over the original Mini and the Mini2 in just a year I’m sure this shortcoming will be overcome in a future release.

Good video done by "Ian in London", which fully explains in simple terms the various classifications and what you can and cannot do.

Just watched the whole thing, and the general advise is grab a DJI Mini or Mini 2 as they are the least restricted.

New UK Drone Regulations 2021 - Where You Can Now Fly with YOUR Model from 31 Dec 20 - YouTube
Indeed, great video, thanks. I learned from Ian that in the UK to do the online test for getting the flyer ID is free. But here in the Netherlands we pay 99Eu for the basic course (A1/A3). For getting A2 you have pay additionally :-(. How is that in other countries, besides the UK?
I don't like DJI drones (had the Spark in the past), but now I am doubting to get a one again :-((

Indeed, great video, thanks. I learned from Ian that in the UK to do the online test for getting the flyer ID is free. But here in the Netherlands we pay 99Eu for the basic course (A1/A3). For getting A2 you have pay additionally :-(. How is that in other countries, besides the UK?
I don't like DJI drones (had the Spark in the past), but now I am doubting to get a one again :-((

Is the flyer ID useable pan-EU? so maybe you can find another EU country where they do it cheaper.

Reactions: Ton

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fae