Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Fog/condensation crash.

Jmakadjpk

Reaction score
Took my drone for a flight in the fog, brought it back down from height and was condensated on the outside and had frost on the blade tips. Wiped it off and Started to fly again where it reached about 10m and then suddenly wobbled all over the show while decending and crashed. Drones ok but worried about it doing it again. Luckily it crashed like 20m away so I wasn’t too far but worried about sending it far again for it to wobble out of the sky. Should be all dried out now, might try motor covers.

The Anafi user manual states that it should not be flown in fog!

My guess is that moisture vapour has either entered the electronics and caused a problem or that one, or more, of the sensors have been confused by condensation on them and given false readings.

After drying out the Anafi well it should then fly again unless something inside has been damaged, or shorted out, by the moisture. I do not think that motor covers would have helped you. They add extra weight and the brushless motors are normally waterproof.

As @Liger 1956 stated brushless motors are not affected by moisture or water, the bearings having sealing strips as well - so it would not even impact how they run.

The Anafi motherboard runs pretty hot, so would not expect the fog condensate to cause any problems, but you never know - the fan does suck in quite a bit of air, which might have caused moisture to build up on the board - which would cause problems.

Update. After drying it out throughly all seems to be fine, must of been something to do with sensors.

Pic of condensation on legs and frost on blade tips

Attachments

• 9B743E73-DDAF-4C83-804C-D6800274F020.jpeg
    9B743E73-DDAF-4C83-804C-D6800274F020.jpeg
    360.8 KB · Views: 22
The Anafi user manual states that it should not be flown in fog!

My guess is that moisture vapour has either entered the electronics and caused a problem or that one, or more, of the sensors have been confused by condensation on them and given false readings.

After drying out the Anafi well it should then fly again unless something inside has been damaged, or shorted out, by the moisture. I do not think that motor covers would have helped you. They add extra weight and the brushless motors are normally waterproof.
Just installed motor covers on my new Anafi this evening. I believe my Mavic motors were protected which is why I got them but seems not be necessary? Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut