Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Follow Mode Dynamic Tracking Altitude

Minco

Reaction score
Hi All,

looking to get an Anafi is I love its compact size.

Can anyone confirm if the active tracking will follow you and also change altitude up and down with the target subject?

This would be up and down some sand dunes in Dubai so no obstacles to avoid.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, it will. However, it may not follow at a constant height above the ground directly beneath it, as I found out during the only crash I ever had with mine. It started out 20 feet above and behind me on a downhill jeep road but kept getting lower and lower until it hit some bushes about 4 feet above the road. If I ever do that again I will position it in front of me so I can monitor the height!

I was on a motorcycle going about 15 mph. I would think if the Anafi was following a person climbing and descending sand dunes the result would be better, but I would still be ready to take over manually if it got too close to the sand.

Your tablet or phone needs to have a barometer to have accurate readings. Its been reported on here by one of our members who does follow me videos 90% of the time with his Anafi that his I-pad works better then Android systems. The "WiFi + Cellular" models do have built-in GPS chips barometer and GPS location capability.

Reactions: Vegasrobbi
And here’s the results :) very happy

Sometimes didn’t quite doesn’t manage to change altitude but suspect that was due to having just hit the rotate option or another time in locked mode?

full video here...

Enjoy!

I believe it also has to do with how high and far away the drone is from the subject when you start the Follow Me mode. In my case I started it with the drone only 30 feet away and 10 feet above, which led to the crash. If I had been riding on a ridge line instead of in a canyon my video should have looked similar to yours. Even in locked mode the relative altitude and distance from the subject will vary, as your video shows. There is also variation caused by varying speed of the subject causing the drone to overshoot or undershoot slightly while catching up. I imagine that if you were on a motorcycle going from a standing start to 40 and back to zero as fast as possible the drone would have a really hard time staying with the bike....I should try that sometime. :)

Reactions: Minco

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJ123456