Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Found a drone in NAPELS - Italy!

Bakfiets

Reaction score
Dear everyone,

I was hiking around in Napels last week, and I was enjoying the view like everyone else does in that country. At some moment, I was sitting around in a Park and leaning against a fence, when my eye dropped on an unindentified object in the bushes. When I looked closer, I saw it was a Anafi Parrot Drone! I waited for 30 minutes to let anyone show up for it, but I saw that nobody did show any interest in looking around for something that he/she lost. So after a while, I took the drone with me just in case. Back home, I checked the SD card and found some photo's and movies of the owner. I saw his license plate of his car, and I know that he's living around in Liverpool - UK. I contacted Parrot with the serial number to look if he's registered his drone, but next to that, I would ask this site if there are any other options to backtrack te owner of the drone.

For instance, maybe the owner is active on this forum!

I would like to know if there's any idea how to find the rightfull owner of this drone.

Kind regards,
34cffd89-a791-4641-b22e-d38c71cd7ea7.jpg

Reactions: Senseicat
Dear everyone,

I was hiking around in Napels last week, and I was enjoying the view like everyone else does in that country. At some moment, I was sitting around in a Park and leaning against a fence, when my eye dropped on an unindentified object in the bushes. When I looked closer, I saw it was a Anafi Parrot Drone! I waited for 30 minutes to let anyone show up for it, but I saw that nobody did show any interest in looking around for something that he/she lost. So after a while, I took the drone with me just in case. Back home, I checked the SD card and found some photo's and movies of the owner. I saw his license plate of his car, and I know that he's living around in Liverpool - UK. I contacted Parrot with the serial number to look if he's registered his drone, but next to that, I would ask this site if there are any other options to backtrack te owner of the drone.

For instance, maybe the owner is active on this forum!

I would like to know if there's any idea how to find the rightfull owner of this drone.

Kind regards,
View attachment 2496
Try gps coordinates if there is a photo of his house, where you can get address.

Reactions: Will-I-Am
Firstly thank you for being honest and taking the time to try yo find the Anafi's rightful owner. Although their car may have been first registered in the Liverpool area the owner could live anywhere in the UK as the licence plates stay with the car wherever the owner lives. If you have any photos of the owners home area, but not their house, then if you post them here somebody may recognise the area and be able to narrow down the search.

Reactions: Moonfly and Ansia
Firstly thank you for being honest and taking the time to try yo find the Anafi's rightful owner. Although their car may have been first registered in the Liverpool area the owner could live anywhere in the UK as the licence plates stay with the car wherever the owner lives. If you have any photos of the owners home area, but not their house, then if you post them here somebody may recognise the area and be able to narrow down the search.
Well that is a different approach. I would send a letter if I had an address indicating to email me with the info where s/he lost their drone to confirm ownership. After that, make arrangements to send it in. I've read 2 cases where it worked this way over at Phantompilots.

I seem to remember someone that was on vacation someplace and they had lost their Anafi and did not find it by the time they had to leave. Not sure if it was on here or on one of the Facebook groups.
This Facebook group is one of the largest and is a closed group so you would have to join it but you might try posting there also.

Parrot Anafi Owners Group

Sure. You can upload a text file to the SD card with your name, address, and phone number and create a new folder named Owner Information. Or you can just write your phone number on the belly with gold ink.

There have been heaps of threads about trackers on the mavicpilots forum, maybe you can have a look there as it's got nothing to do with what drone you're using.
Obviously the size/weight impact of one will however be greater on the anafi than on a Mavic.

Is there anything that you can add to your drone in general to be able to find it if it goes flyabout?

You could put a sticker with your address and telephone number on it.
These fire resistant ones are mandatory in Germany on all drones

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
droneflyer2024