Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Free flight app synchronization failed

Pari

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am fairly new with drones. I have installed the Freeflight 6 app and updated my Anafi drone and controller to the latest version and performed some flights successfully. During my last flight, there were not enough GPS found by drone so I could not continue. Unfortunately, I thought installing and reinstalling the Freeflight app might have some effects on the problem! However, since I reinstalled it, first it gives me a message in the Google play store as soon as it is downloaded that this app cannot be installed and when I click OK and open the app anyways, it gives the message of 'Synchronization failed, check the Internet setting'.
I am connected to the WiFi of my work place and I downloaded this app with the same WiFi for the first time. I checked in this forum a bit and I came across something called obb. I have no idea what it is and if I needit so solve my problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app for 10 times and restarted my phone for 20 times, but still I get this message. Funny thing is that the drone works on my colleague's phone that has not reinstalled the app like me! So the drone is fine, there is something about the app on my phone.
Any help is much appreciated to save my work. Thanks.

Your version of Android should not stop the app installing but I thought that Google had stopped Huawei phones from accessing the Play Store.

Your version of Android should not stop the app installing but I thought that Google had stopped Huawei phones from accessing the Play Store.
No that is not the case, I tried with another Huawei phone and it gets installed. There is a problem in my phone maybe from uninstalling and reinstalling so many times.

There are many of us that fully uninstall a previous version of FF6 before installing a new one and members have also reinstalled the same version more than once when trying to solve a problem.

The sycronisation message that you are getting usually occurs when the app is first started and it cannot download the .obb file from the internet. Are you downloading by WiFi or mobile data. The .obb file is quite large so is it possible that if you are using mobile data either your phone settings or your mobile telephone service provider has limited the size of downloads?

There are many of us that fully uninstall a previous version of FF6 before installing a new one and members have also reinstalled the same version more than once when trying to solve a problem.

The sycronisation message that you are getting usually occurs when the app is first started and it cannot download the .obb file from the internet. Are you downloading by WiFi or mobile data. The .obb file is quite large so is it possible that if you are using mobile data either your phone settings or your mobile telephone service provider has limited the size of downloads?
I used the WiFi of my house and work place both, which I also have used the first time to install the app without any problem.

I use the Huawei P30 pro and it installs fine.

Using any sort of file manager (X-Plore) Navigate to: Internal Storage -> Android -> obb
If you see "com.parrot.freeflight6" delete the whole folder so no reference to Parrot exists.

Then navigate to: internal Storage -> Android -> data - "com.parrot.freeflight6" and again delete the folder "com.parrot.freeflight6"

Reboot the phone, once it loads back up, go to the Play store and download FF6 again and install. See if it works this time.

No that is not the case, I tried with another Huawei phone and it gets installed. There is a problem in my phone maybe from uninstalling and reinstalling so many times.
Try an older Version, from apk mirror
Or try for a test the modded app from here:

Just to see, if your phone has trouble with the latest?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ian