Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

FreeFlight 6.6.1 on Phone no longer detects my SC3 as of the most recent update (containing SC FW 1.6.2 )

Jet

Reaction score
After updating FreeFlight on my phone to the latest version of FreeFlight v6.6.1 (containing controller FW 1.6.2 for SC3), FreeFlight can no longer detect my controller (and yes the phone is connected to the controller via a USB cable). I know it can't detect it because FreeFlight displays the "We can't detect your controller" screen. Ultimately I was able to update the SC3 firmware using my tablet (and using the same cable I used with my phone)...but I'm still stuck with the issue that FreeFlight on my phone can't detect my controller and since I sometimes fly with my phone...I need that to work.

This is the first time I've run into this issue. Nothing has changed wrt to the phone (e.g., no new version of Android...running 7.1.1). Any thoughts on what might be wrong or how to resolve the issue?

Thanks

After updating FreeFlight on my phone to the latest version of FreeFlight v6.6.1 (containing controller FW 1.6.2 for SC3), FreeFlight can no longer detect my controller (and yes the phone is connected to the controller via a USB cable). I know it can't detect it because FreeFlight displays the "We can't detect your controller" screen. Ultimately I was able to update the SC3 firmware using my tablet (and using the same cable I used with my phone)...but I'm still stuck with the issue that FreeFlight on my phone can't detect my controller and since I sometimes fly with my phone...I need that to work.

This is the first time I've run into this issue. Nothing has changed wrt to the phone (e.g., no new version of Android...running 7.1.1). Any thoughts on what might be wrong or how to resolve the issue?

Thanks
================================
PROBLEM RESOLVED:
================================
When connecting the Controller to and Android phone via the USB cable Android auto-displays the "Connect to PC" screen where it gives you a number of options that direct Android what to do when the device (SC3 Controller) is connected to the phone. Among the options are:

- Charge Only
- Install Driver
- Connect to PC software
- Media Devices MTP
- Camera PTP

After installing FreeFlight 6 it was defaulting to the "Charge Only" selection. After changing the selection to to the "Connect to PC software" it now auto launches the FreeFlight app and now sees the SC3 controller.

Hopefully this will help someone who runs into the same issue.

Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood