Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Getting Video Of The Last Ice For 2019 Winter On Lake Superior

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Waiting for the return of my Anafi I took the Autel X-Star out with me.
Thanks to one of the members here I should have my Anafi back in about a week but until then the X-Star stepped in to fill the job :)

After dropping my son off at school instead of driving the 28.8 km back home I took the time to visit Silver Harbor up the lake shore, another 29.6 km east. Had my Autel X-Star and my Git2P action camera. The sun was in my eyes for 95% of the time and my dirty windshield did not help :)
A great morning to fly a UAV before the wind picked up but with the sun shining on the ice it was challenging to find the right camera settings. Don't think I ever did find the right setting :(
Was just good to get out and see all the ice with no snow after the heavy rain last week.

Wow very cool. We just got the icebreaker CCGS Samuel Risley in the harbor today. Its to bad its not legal to fly around it while its breaking the ice up. Would have made a good video.

Wow very cool. We just got the icebreaker CCGS Samuel Risley in the harbor today. Its to bad its not legal to fly around it while its breaking the ice up. Would have made a good video.
View attachment 1634
There's no safe allocated distance that you could fly away from it? I can't find anything in our drone regulations specifically about flying near ships or boats. There's mention of not interfering with emergency services & the like, but nothing other than the keep 30 metres from people rule really for us here.

Ya I can fly near it, I think is is 30 meters away without looking it up but the harbor itself is a NFZ because of a sea plane base located there. Not that they would be taking off or landing this time of the year but it is still a NFZ. :(

• Sad
Reactions: Krusty Geeza

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut