Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Gimbal Malfunction Diagnosis

skiy

Reaction score
I've been through a few threads discussing similar problems, but thought I'd check with other Anafi pilots for advice on what may be happening here:
- I can't calibrate the camera gimbal from within FF6. Any attempt to do so results in the kind of behavior you see in the attached video.
- I have factory reset the drone, loaded most up-to-date firmware and software, reset batteries, etc. No change in behavior shown.
- The drone has not been crashed recently, and has flown dozens of sorties since its one and only crash last year with no malfunctions.
- I have contacted Parrot support (including three follow-up emails) and never heard back from them

My hope is that this is simply a loose wiring connection at some point. If not, I seem to have a 'parts' unit on my hand.

Lesson learned: ALWAYS buy the extended service plan.

I have exactly same issue with my Anafi, unfortunetly after a serious crash. I checked all the connections and all looks fine. I din't have any answer from Parrot support. Did you find out anything?

Not a thing, unfortunately. Sent three emails to their customer service email box, all with no response. Also reached out to the official Parrot page on FB and got no response there either.

Reactions: Dorusorin
It has happened to a few people including me - normally corrects itself with a power on / off cycle.

Try doing this outside away from any electrical/magnetic objects - make sure the camera is reasonably level - then try powering up.

Finally, last thing to check - remove the bottom case (two T6 screws on the bottom and two T6 screws under the product label where the battery slots on), and check the main camera feed connection - sometimes the clamp that holds it down moves out of place and the connection can come loose.

It is the large connection with the very fine silver wire strands. Check it is properly seated and the black clamp is on correctly.

Reactions: Dorusorin
I've checked all the gimbal connections maybe this fixed the issue when gimbal looked mad like the above video ( and SKIY you can try hard reset and then to recalibrate the camera ) . But my camera it's still not stable, from times to times the image is shake or is going a bit on the right, i don't know what i can do to fix it( i will try tomorrow to upload a video recorded by my Anafi ). Can be any of the connection cables damaged?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood