Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

GPS Tracking Colors

Old Dude

Reaction score
In reviewing numerous flights I notice different color tracks. What is their significance? I see Red, Orange, yellow and Green.

I think it has to do with speed. I see that all my RTH tracks are red. RTH automatically goes to maximum speed regardless of mode.
Parts of the track when I'm going real slow are green. My 2 cents.

Just reviewed a few of my flights and it does appear to be height - but not sure if it is based around height limit.

My geo limit is set to 120m, but I have the trace as RED when flying around 45 to 50m, but orange when flying around 35-40m.

If you have a look at the dedicated thread I mentioned above :

It is only related to the heigth ratio (a percentage of the altitude expressed in % not in altitude ‘meters’) between take-off (the 0% point in green) and the maximum altitude reached during the flight (the 100% height in red) and it is not related to the geo limit).
At 80%, it will be orange, at 50% it should be yellow...

For example:
You take-off vertically up to 10 m and you fly down with a regular descent slope 30 meter in front of you, you will see a red line at the beginning (the green from the ‘0’ point is not visible because over-riden by the 10m maximum heigth of the flight just above take off point), then for the next 30 meters of the descending flight, you will see a succession of orange, yellow, yellow-greenish, light green, dark green colors. The dark green corresponds to the landing point.

Ain’t that beautiful ?

Reactions: AnafiPilot1
Sorry I did not even look at the thread.

Yes that makes perfect sense - and how else would it be !! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: MustangPhil
FYI I was out flying today and most of the time was spent -1m to -2m, below launch height - and the trace was green for them portions.

Reactions: MustangPhil

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame