Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Greetings From Westfield, Indiana

BenMcCormick

Reaction score
Parrot Anafi just came yesterday, so I'm going to experiment on how to take quality videos. When windy, the frame jerks when yawing. Maybe 60 frames at 1080 will help? Noticed that when zoomed, the jerky-ness wasn't so bad, maybe that's a work around, to keep it slightly zoomed. I will put in a Samsung 100MB/S SD card tomorrow, maybe that will help? The default yaw and gimbal rates were super slow, so I speed them up. Geo fence was turned on, had to turn that off. Lots of features to keep me busy, that's for sure. I'm studying for my Part 107 test, so eventually would like to get the hobby to pay for itself. That's wishful thinking. My first outdoor drone flight was with a Mavic Air, hawks were buzzing overhead and a small plane flew by (alot higher), but I couldn't pan up to capture that moment, now I can. Hopefully, I've got the crashes out of my system with my muscle memory reflexes to keep me out of trouble. My first indoor flight, months ago, I did a full stick forward. Not pretty. That's kinda like smashing the accelerator down on a formula car while its in the garage. The drone survived without any damage though. My goal is to keep learning the hobby while keeping everything and everyone safe.

UPDATE: I took the files into work and the videos played back without jerky-ness. It was my VNC Player/Home Computer combination that was causing the problem.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forum. I think you will enjoy your membership. There are many other members happy to provide assistance for any issues you may have, and those that may need information you bring. A lot of good information is already stored in existing threads.

Couple easy things:
1.) The search Icon is your friend. It's the magnifying glass near the upper right of the screen when you scroll all the way up. It can find many answers you will never find by yourself.
2.) Be aware that you won't always get a quick response. There are times when many other members are on line, and sometimes only a few. A response may not show up until the right person sees it.
3.) Be aware the forum is Global. If you are exchanging with a member on the other side of the world, response can get delayed and out of sequence due to a difference in local time.
4.) Although the Forum is global, the language is English. It is customary to translate other languages to English. Many members also include the original language post to help alleviate translation errors.
5.) Review the forum rules (on the bottom right). There are not too many, but it is important they are followed to keep the Forum a useful and happy place for everyone.

Please read over the Advice for new pilots

...UPDATE: I took the files into work and the videos played back without jerky-ness. It was my VNC Player/Home Computer combination that was causing the problem.
This is a common problem. I use 1080p at 24 or 25 fps and my 9 year old laptop can barely show that. The Anafi just isn't as stable in the wind as heavier drones....it's a trade-off for ease of transport and set-up. My wind limit if I care much about the footage is 15 mph.

Although I have become fairly adept at manual control after 70 flights I still don't just take-off and depend on my reflexes to stay out of trouble. I suss out the flight environment rather carefully and very often use Flight Plan. There just aren't many places nearby that are empty enough, smooth enough and large enough to put it in Sport mode and zoom around to my heart's content. That isn't what I bought it for anyway Taking nice slow, smooth videos of interesting stuff is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ian