Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hack for the Anafi ?

julientaming

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I know that the developper kit is available now for the anafi. Do you think it would be possible to hack the drone and put a tiny 4G usb key attached to the usb C port, and get many km range like the other Parrot drone Beebop 2 mod ?
I know the port is only to charge it, but it can access the sd card as well on the laptop so maybe ?
That would be just insane !

Second idea, an anamorphic lens like the one for the mavic 2 pro ? A mod from one for an iPhone ?

People have gone over 3 miles with the stock Anafi. The problem is the size of the battery so modding it to go farther will have to include a larger battery or a duel battery system which is very difficult to achieve.
Any camera improvements in the future should be focused on a 3 axis gimbal or improving the HDR video coming from the camera.

Reactions: Ratmir
The wifi connection isn't great sometimes with interferences, the range depends a lot where you are and obstacles.

Like I said hacking the Anafi for long range is a waist of time in my opinion as the battery is the weak link. You will only lose your investment as it will not make it back as many have found out already.
The guy who made the Beebop 2 mod has videos out explaining this and why he did not go in that direction.
He made one for the Anafi but is out of stock and may not make any more.

Reactions: Nidge and Ratmir
Augustine has hit it squarely on the head.
Currently there isn’t a consumer multirotor based drone on the market that would benefit from the 4Gmod, unless your intention was to fly it remotely in the true sense.

The reason why it works so well for the Disco, and other fixed wing craft, is their flight endurance due to the small amount of energy required to keep them in the air. On the standard Disco a cruise speed of 25mph is easily achievable while only consuming a couple of Ampare. On the standard 2700mAh battery the disco can stay aloft for close to 45mins. Swapping the supplied battery pack for a Multistar 4000mAh, only slightly larger and not much heavier, will greatly increase its duration and thus the amount of ground it could cover.

I think the Anafi has the capability to fly as far as it needs on its standard setup, and I say this as someone in the UK with only the drip drip RF power limits.

In an ideal world we’d all enjoy the ability to fly far and wide like the birds but the Anafi, nor most non-fixed wing craft, are a suitable platform for this due to their continuous high(ish) power requirements.

Regards

Nidge.

Reactions: Ratmir
thank you for explaining everything ! Well what about the anamorphic lens ? Or a better sensor ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood