Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Had it up to here with PARROT!

Elliott B.

Reaction score
Five months later got my drone today, the controller came undercharged and did not turn on the first 3 times I opened it I assumed it was in wintering mode or whatever so I plugged it up. This is my third Anafi in less than a year. Their customer service," investigation team", managers are just waiting for the ship to sink it feels like...In four and a half months they answered two of my emails I had to call every time for any info on my case! I'm about to do a firmware update and see where it takes me. Fingers crossed. I hate to be this guy but I read they lost 40% of their sales in 2018/2019 and had to fire 1/3 of their employee's and it shows in their services I stated above. I have only owned Parrot drones and I'm super disappointed with them. I hope they don't go out of business

Had a very bad experience with them myself.
I gave up and threw myself on the mercy of Best Buy and had a new Anafi that day.
I love their products and for a while was hoping they would capture more of the market, but DJI stayed one step ahead of them.

Had a very bad experience with them myself.
I gave up and threw myself on the mercy of Best Buy and had a new Anafi that day.
I love their products and for a while was hoping they would capture more of the market, but DJI stayed one step ahead of them.
Yeah, I hoped they would have captured more of the market as well, I've been a faithful Parrot guy since the start. The Bebop 2 is still one of my favorite drones, I've clocked about 100 hours on the 2 I've had, it's obviously better than the Anafi as far as reliability, While the Anafi's have a life of about 3 months for me.

Reactions: c0int31pr0
DJI is overrated, and their new drones are overpriced too. Only thing i envy from DJI are their premium warranty. I would gladly pay for an assurance in case of a crash or lost drone or any other accident, but Parrot don't offer anything similar.

DJI is overrated, and their new drones are overpriced too. Only thing i envy from DJI are their premium warranty. I would gladly pay for an assurance in case of a crash or lost drone or any other accident, but Parrot don't offer anything similar.
I got my Anafi covered via BestBuy, but it was $200!
Worth it in the end, but pricey.
And yeah, my BB2 is rock solid still.

I also had a similar experience with parrot I asked for a repair of my controller, because it had a bad USB interface, they didn't deign to give me a repair estimate, I sold out the anafi for little money and with parrot I ended forever, I switched to DJI and I am very satisfied

Reactions: Thanev
I'm feeling so much better about my decision to buy an Anafi. After reading reports on this forum about some of the "missteps" of the Anafi, and apparently Parrot in general, I'm glad I bought a used one, at $500, in case it's one of the problem children.

I do have a DJI Phantom 4 Pro that works flawlessly. I guess time, and application, will tell if the one I have is a mistake or is a good bird. My uses are for photography/videography.

The Anafi is like any other consumer item, there are good experiences and bad experiences. I used to drive Ford for many years until I had very bad experiences with the last one. Anything that could go wrong did go wrong. However other owners of the same model had a trouble free experience. I switched to Vauxhall (General Motors) and had 13 yrs trouble free driving with that car while other owners of the same model had issue after issue.

I have two Anafi’s and neither one has given me any issues at all. I also have a DJI Spark in my fleet and whilst many, many owners reported flyaways and other examples of erratic behaviour thankfully my experience has been a very good one.

When it comes to after sales support from both manufacturers this is where disparity in service prevails.

I’ve been using DJI products for the last eight years and when I needed technical assistance they were severely lacking. My question was first answered by someone working with a copy and paste script and the reply bore no relation to the question. When I resubmitted it it was then forwarded to the sales team whom suggested I buy a new DJI product. Eventually it was replied to by a semi-technical literate person who incorrectly stated they didn’t provide support for the equipment I had issues with, even though DJI still made and sold the item and it was less than one year from its initial release. This technical person also chose to close the ticket in this same response.

My contact with Parrot was sort of acceptable. The reply I received was from someone who was very conversant with the product and went into good detail. It wasn’t the answer I was hoping for but the technical info they provided explained why this was the case.

I’ve dealt with Yuneec on a few occasions and they’ve always been quick to reply and courteous. In one case going above and beyond to actually provide hardware to solve an issue free of any charge with no solicitation from me.

These are just my experiences and I openly accept that the experiences of others will greatly contradict those of mine above. A company will not purposely go out of its way to piss off its customers but there is plenty of scope for some of them to learn and understand the needs and expectations of their customers. It’s partly for these reasons I’ve moved away from off the shelf consumer solutions and gone back to building and programming my own flying robots.

Regards

Nidge.

Reactions: RBuzz
It's puzzling how different our experiences are with Parrot Support. I have had great responses from the multiple people I have dealt with on the phone. They replaced the Anafi three times under warranty, which I am very grateful for. The staff was for the most part enthusiastic, helpful, service-focused and knowledgeable. The Anafi is a great bird and I am making money with it.

Reactions: RBuzz
I concur with you, AnafiPilot. I only had to return my 1st Anafi, but they were very helpful and timely with a new replacement under warranty.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut