Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Have any of you that fly Discos received a forced firmware update for SkyController 2 to 1.0.9 ?

Reaction score
When I went to fly at my clubs field yesterday I got a forced SkyController 2 firmware update from Parrot. I didn't want an update because my configuration was stable and I logged 50 successful flights with my Disco. I wasn't going to fly after the forced update but it's been several months since my last flight and i was a beautiful day, the wind was blowing in the ideal direction to launch a mission from my clubs field, so.. I flew. 25 seconds into the flight plan the SkyController 2 disconnected from Disco. Disco didn't orbit over the home point, it started to but once the connection dropped with SkyController2 Disco went on a straight path out. I restarted SkyController 2 and could not connect to my Disco. The airplane is a loss. Here's video I shot of that day:

What a bummer, the Parrot Disco was my favorite bird in my fleet of r/c and drone model aircraft. If you want to check out the flght video I shot with my Disco over the years check out my youtube channel: Jerry Normandin

I wish Parrot didn't force firmware updates. Updates should be left to the discretion of the pilot!

I totally agree with you, we should not be forced into software updates. Did you find your disco? did you place your contact number and CAA op id inside? I’m now concerned about mine, I use 18650-3000mh batteries, it could fly for miles! And miles...and miles!

chaz

I totally agree with you, we should not be forced into software updates. Did you find your disco? did you place your contact number and CAA op id inside? I’m now concerned about mine, I use 18650-3000mh batteries, it could fly for miles! And miles...and miles!

chaz
The skycontroller2 disconnected at launch. I have no GPS coordinates of where Disco crashed. I just know the direction and rate of descent. I took a hike out there but the in the marshland location I was in you could sink up to your chest in mud, so I turned around.
I sent Parrot an email with a link to the video.

Even with the stock battery the Disco had decent range. Check my YouTube channel, subscribe, and check out the Disco Flight playlist.

Yes I have my FAA sticker on the airplane but I am pretty sure it's deep in the marshlands. When you watch my videos you will see.

I am going to miss that airplane.

I am testing the strix Nano Goblin, and Volantec Ranger 1600. Using iNav on nano goblin and pixhawk on the Ranger.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guads100k