Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Help! Drone wont stay at desired altitude...

ewanshears

Reaction score
... but will automatically return to the max geofenced height. So if I set the max height to 10m then it will start up and go straight to that height. I can bring it down again with the controller, but if I let go of the down stick it will go straight back up again. If I then change the max height to 30m then it will go up to 30m and behave in the same way.

It has behaved like this twice now. Once the first time I used it, then it was ok and behaved normally the on the second occasion, and then again today it behaved like the first time.

Any ideas?

Ewan

Try resetting the drone.
Make sure, you're on up to date firmware and also try to wiggle the left stick, there might be stuck there and that's why the drone is climbing up constantly.
If these didn't help, then I think that the controller is faulty, and for that you need to contact Parrot Support.

Reactions: ewanshears
You could also try recalibrating the controller using FF6. Click on the controller icon and then the calibration box.

You could also set a low geofence height and connect using your phone and not the controller. That would tell you whether the controller or the Anafi is at fault.

Reactions: ewanshears
Thank you for your comments. It appears the controller is faulty, as the drone performs normally when using the iPhone only (albeit with very limited range). I have tried re-calibrating etc and still no joy. I guess i'll contact parrot.

Reactions: pmh1nic
Good point. possibly not? Would this cause this specific issue. all the other controls act at they should. It is just the up stick that seems to want to keep going up? Maybe i'll do one final test. Thank you.

I had erratic flying with my drone, it was when I realized that I had the phone wifi on and then turned it off that my drone started flying perfectly.... not saying that this is the cause of your problem... but it's always something to eliminate from the the process...

... but will automatically return to the max geofenced height. So if I set the max height to 10m then it will start up and go straight to that height. I can bring it down again with the controller, but if I let go of the down stick it will go straight back up again. If I then change the max height to 30m then it will go up to 30m and behave in the same way.

It has behaved like this twice now. Once the first time I used it, then it was ok and behaved normally the on the second occasion, and then again today it behaved like the first time.

Any ideas?

Ewan
Did you have to debug this time?
- Anafi reset
- Uninstall application (manually delete remaining directory)
- Reset Skycontroller 3
- Try another phone to see if it works there?
If these do not help, then you can be absolutely sure that you can contact Parrot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood