Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Help needed for new, but middle aged anafi non-techy owner please

andybloke

Reaction score
Hi guys, I would be really grateful for some help in launching my Anafi please. I actually bought it about 14 months ago, but despite trying everything, I have never managed to even launch my drone. I had suddenly become diagnosed with a long term illness and had to retire immediately. I bought the drone because I was limited on what I was able to do. I tried to follow all the instructions and downloaded freeflight 6 to my Samsung A10 mobile. I must have managed to connect the hand console 3 to the drone as it flashes red leds at me when I press the launch button on the controller, but that is all it will do, it refuses to launch. I have tried with and without the mobile actually connected to the controller and it still refuses to do take off. The batteries are charged on both the anafi and the controller. I have spent many hours trying to find out what is wrong, but seem to be getting nowhere. Any suggestions would be appreciated, or better still, if anyone lived near Newmarket, Suffolk,England, I could drive to meet you to help me finally get it flying. Many thanks

Sorry for the frustrating trouble!

First thing is to make sure the phone and all Anafi items are updated. When I first got my Anafi, it was the phone update that prevented flight.

Second, get all four (controller, phone, FF6, Anafi) working together, so you can see the camera view on the phone in Free Flight 6, and you have all green icons, including "Take Off" and GPS.

You should be able to take off at that point. Let us know how it looks.

Hi guys, I would be really grateful for some help in launching my Anafi please. I actually bought it about 14 months ago, but despite trying everything, I have never managed to even launch my drone. I had suddenly become diagnosed with a long term illness and had to retire immediately. I bought the drone because I was limited on what I was able to do. I tried to follow all the instructions and downloaded freeflight 6 to my Samsung A10 mobile. I must have managed to connect the hand console 3 to the drone as it flashes red leds at me when I press the launch button on the controller, but that is all it will do, it refuses to launch. I have tried with and without the mobile actually connected to the controller and it still refuses to do take off. The batteries are charged on both the anafi and the controller. I have spent many hours trying to find out what is wrong, but seem to be getting nowhere. Any suggestions would be appreciated, or better still, if anyone lived near Newmarket, Suffolk,England, I could drive to meet you to help me finally get it flying. Many thanks
Connect the skycontroller with a USB cable to the drone battery and turn on both the drone and the remote control. This will pair the two devices.

Many thanks guys. At last my Anafi is flying!!!, God bless you for your help. Going to really enjoy flying it. Unfortunately, a new problem has now come to light: When I shut the controller, it keeps slowly flashing blue, then white LEDs at me and I can't stop it, so the battery inside the controller will run down. I have no idea what it's trying to tell me, but it's rather frustrating that I cannot turn it off, I also cannot see a way to close freeflight 6 on my Samsung A10 after a flight and had to resort to restarting the phone to get rid of the app from the screen. If I open the app again, connect the phone to the controller and turn on the drone, it flies whenever I want, but shutting the controller doesn't turn it off. Very grateful for the progress you have allowed me so far, but how the hell do I sort this problem out. Many thanks and Kind regards.

is there an update for your controller showing up on the FF6 panel after you have opened it up? if there is then update your controller, and see if that cures the problem..you can always shutdown the FF6 from the icon on your phone (just press and hold the icon this will bring up some choices... select app info and close the app down from within there)
... please DO NOT update to FreeFlight 6 v 6.6.6. as there is a startup bug in that version....

Many thanks guys. At last my Anafi is flying!!!, God bless you for your help. Going to really enjoy flying it. Unfortunately, a new problem has now come to light: When I shut the controller, it keeps slowly flashing blue, then white LEDs at me and I can't stop it, so the battery inside the controller will run down. I have no idea what it's trying to tell me, but it's rather frustrating that I cannot turn it off, I also cannot see a way to close freeflight 6 on my Samsung A10 after a flight and had to resort to restarting the phone to get rid of the app from the screen. If I open the app again, connect the phone to the controller and turn on the drone, it flies whenever I want, but shutting the controller doesn't turn it off. Very grateful for the progress you have allowed me so far, but how the hell do I sort this problem out. Many thanks and Kind regards.
When you close the phone holder / antenna part, no turn it off?
Wait until it is discharged and resolved by the second use.
In Freeflight6, touch the remote control icon on the main screen and select the calibration.
You can also try to reconnect it with the drone while the LEDs are blinking and then first turn off the remote control.

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for your suggestion, when I close the phone holder/antenna it does not turn off, just shows the alternating blue then white LED. Tried letting it run down completely, then recharged it, but pretty much straight away, the flashing blue and white started again and I cant turn it off again. The software version it updated is v6 6.6.6, so can someone suggest an alternative please. Many thanks

If it's still unable to turn off, there's something called a power block for the anafi which allows you to power down the controller whilst having a tablet holder fitted.
I've just looked at my controller, if you fully open the hinge and look at the back left of the opening you will notice a thin wire.
I've just pushed on the wire while it was open and the controller lights went out the same as it been closed so I'm presuming the power block is just something that wedges in there to keep it pushed.
I have a feeling based on your problem though that cable may have snapped.

It is possible the mechanical switch inside on the left hand side is faulty. When opened if you look closely you should see what looks like a shiny silver piece in there. Perhaps try playing with it up and down and see if you can make it turn off.
If not I would ask for a replacement Anafi either through your place of purchase or through Parrot.

try plugging the USB cable from the controller straight to the drone.... see if this pairs them up again...

As far as closing the app...Just tap on the bottom (or edge depending on which way you are holding it) of the phone's screen and the "navigation bar" will show and then hit the "back" (arrow shape) or the "home" (square shape) to get out of the app. just like any other app... but you might have to tap the edges to get it to appear.

When the controller is not shutting down when the antenna part is FULLY closed and keeps blinking blue and white it can be that the on/off switch located inside below the hinge is not actuated. I would try to put some tape on the excentric actuator to extend tbe actuator. This would help to avoid opening the SC3 controller to re-adjust the micro switch.

I would first try to push it with some small screwdriver, to check if that thing works at all.
Open, look with light into the compartment, push, check.
In case it switches off, follow the tip in #13
If not, open the controller and change that stupid thing to a external on/off switch!
A bit soldering will correct that once and for all!

All the above makes me think; are there any user groups? I mean real physical get togethers where people can share informationand get help with problems. Possible also guided sessions by experienced users. I know that's unlikely to happen now, or indeed for some months, but as a general idea.

What do people think?

Reactions: d95gas

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut