Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Help setting up Drone Remote Identification - DRI for FAA

Achernar

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm attempting to add my FAA drone registration number to the DRI option in FreeFlight 6, however it says it requires a 16 digit registration number. FAA Registration number is only 10 characters.
Any luck setting this up?

https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/remote_id/drone_pilots/

I hope my Anafi 4k isn't going to be out of compliance after the remote ID rules are implemented.

Chris.

Attachments

• IMG_6595.PNG
    IMG_6595.PNG
    545.9 KB · Views: 18
It doesnt work yet...maybe end of this year parrot and faa figure out how they wanna do this....if not we might have to buy external transponders etc 👎

As I understand it the DRI function correctly requires a French registration number to work but I could be wrong.

Hi,

I'm attempting to add my FAA drone registration number to the DRI option in FreeFlight 6, however it says it requires a 16 digit registration number. FAA Registration number is only 10 characters.
Any luck setting this up?

https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/remote_id/drone_pilots/

I hope my Anafi 4k isn't going to be out of compliance after the remote ID rules are implemented.

Chris.
There care no drones in compliance since the compliance regulations haven't been finalized.

Reactions: Achernar
Following up to see when Parrot will update its FreeFlight 6 (Ver 6.7.5) DRI option to support the 10 digit FAA Remote ID format? The App is over a year old. The FAA recently extended the manufacturer compliant date to 16 Dec 2022 with a pilot compliant date of 16 Dec 2023.

Also, once the Anafi drone Remote ID been enabled, can it be disabled or deregistered?

Don't worry about it. DRI is not for US. In the US, this has not been set and not required yet. We are still a long ways out from any finalized remote ID broadcast rules. If this can't be enabled by parrot, we can always just use a module.

Last edited:
It looks like the FAA Remote ID support firmware for ANAFI Ai has been released, does anyone know if the FAA RID could be disabled freely after the drone is upgraded to this firmware? I'm debating whether to upgrade now or wait until after the rule take effect (2023.9.16) to upgrade?

It looks like the FAA Remote ID support firmware for ANAFI Ai has been released, does anyone know if the FAA RID could be disabled freely after the drone is upgraded to this firmware? I'm debating whether to upgrade now or wait until after the rule take effect (2023.9.16) to upgrade?
the anafi ai drone has a separate sub-forum here: ANAFI Ai

In researching the French Remote ID registration requirements, I found this US vs French vs EU Remote ID requirement article Comparing Remote ID standards US, EU, FR

i wonder if one of the French Anafi owners could comment about just using the Anafi’s serial # in the DRI field?

That is what I thought. So I can use the Serial # to make it work, but it would not “be compliant“ for US RemoteID use. while I recently ordered an uAvionix PingRID 21 Gram RemoteID drone add-on. (Currently, on back order from a month ago), using my serial # is now a possibility to enable my Anafi’s Wifi Beacon, also known as SSID stuffing, to broadcast
  • 30-character FR identifier
  • ANSI CTA 2063 UAS identifier (physical serial number - PSN)
  • Current aircraft latitude (signed)
  • Current aircraft longitude (signed)
  • Current aircraft altitude (signed)
  • Current aircraft height (signed)
  • Take-off point latitude (signed)
  • Take-off point longitude (signed)
  • Horizontal speed
  • True route
At this August 2023 FAA UAS Symposium, I learned
- RemoteID is not, nor will it be used for air traffic deconfliction or integration into the US National Air Space system.
- RemoteID is all about “security“ For local law enforcement and security counter-UAS teams to identify and track down the owners of small-UAS drones operating in unauthorized areas. (The equivalent of virtual drone license plate)
- FAA will provide vetted counter drone vendors API access to its RemoteID registry database to enable them to lookup the owners of their identified UAS RemoteID beacon #s
- Govt & LE severely restricted by law from shooting down drones. They can only track and seek out the drone operator. An electronic privacy coalition is actively lobbying to limit its reauthorization (EPIC, Coalition Call on Congress to Address Overbroad Authorities in Counter-Drone Bill)

At follow-on IDGA Counter-UAS conference, I came across a # of well established small UAS tracking firms. They can readily track and identify small drones so solely by their electromagnetic signatures. RemoteID simply makes it easier for them. One vendor did mention Anafi’s very low EM signature Limited the range that their system could detect the drone.

BL - yes I can use my Anafi’s serial #, no it does not make it US RemoteID compliant, and it does not matter, since Counter-UAS systems don’t really need RemoteID to ID my flying drone, only to ID me as its owner.

Leave it up to EPIC.org to find out the rules that overstep. Wish I knew this before remote ID was going to be a huge thing but I have a friend whos uncle works for a company making devices to find the drone, hack it and take control over it. She kept reminding me of it each time I hung out with her and told me to be careful with some cops.

Cops in my area are very not understanding so even if the written rules are right in front of their face, they are scared of looking bad and they will make up stuff or try to sneak in a grey area to deem you doing something illegal and wrong for them quota numbers. Its bad.

I own a vintage Parrot Bebop Drone acquired in 2015, the 'blue' model (drone and skycontroller). Does anyone know if an FAA approved RID external module can be acquired and attached to the drone to be compliant with RID requirements (the compliance deadline has now been extended to March 2024)?

I own a vintage Parrot Bebop Drone acquired in 2015, the 'blue' model (drone and skycontroller). Does anyone know if an FAA approved RID external module can be acquired and attached to the drone to be compliant with RID requirements (the compliance deadline has now been extended to March 2024)?
Dont fly them. Security vulnernability. Wifi deauth attack. Can be run by a trouble make to disconnect link controllers and bb1. SC2 vulnerable also with no chance of reconnect and no RTH.

I fly my red one when I don't feel like dealing with my ANAFI. I even fly my AR2.0 I just don't fly high or far when I do fly them. If you're flying in your back yard, have fun and just practice. Not everyone is going to be looking to hack a drone they see flying. This isn't a cyberpunk universe.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut