Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Help with Anafi rebuild

D2S

Reaction score
Last July I bought an Anafi. I only flew it only one time and descending I hit an unseen tiny guy wire in the driveway. It crashed the last 8 feet and the front left arm broke off. I believe we communicated then about it and agreed it was pilot error so you wouldn't replace it. Instead, I found a man in Florida who had similarly broken his but the arm I needed was ok on his, so I bought it from him for parts and he shipped it to me. In August I set about replacing the arm which I accomplished...BUT I didn't finish reassembling the Anafi because I became SOOOO busy I had no spare time...( I drive for the movies...and you must know those hours are crazy). NOW, I have time and interest to complete the repair but I'm stuck and hope you can send me a link to technical repair manual...schematic drawings?
There is a Youtube that shows pretty clearly how to dismantle and make repairs... (
)
The problem I can't quite see well enough to know what's going on with reassembly is at 20:51....replacing the 2 cable holders. What is not clear is if the wire connecting the camera with the flat metal panel goes behind the rear cable holder. I need to see some kind of drawing to know how it goes.
Can you please send me a link to the information I'm looking for?
OR, is there somewhere I can get technical assistance to finish the repair?

Thanks so much,
David

Perhaps check the 5:30 area, where it got dismantled.
And try to put both video sections together?

Last edited:
Last July I bought an Anafi. I only flew it only one time and descending I hit an unseen tiny guy wire in the driveway. It crashed the last 8 feet and the front left arm broke off. I believe we communicated then about it and agreed it was pilot error so you wouldn't replace it. Instead, I found a man in Florida who had similarly broken his but the arm I needed was ok on his, so I bought it from him for parts and he shipped it to me. In August I set about replacing the arm which I accomplished...BUT I didn't finish reassembling the Anafi because I became SOOOO busy I had no spare time...( I drive for the movies...and you must know those hours are crazy). NOW, I have time and interest to complete the repair but I'm stuck and hope you can send me a link to technical repair manual...schematic drawings?
There is a Youtube that shows pretty clearly how to dismantle and make repairs... (
)
The problem I can't quite see well enough to know what's going on with reassembly is at 20:51....replacing the 2 cable holders. What is not clear is if the wire connecting the camera with the flat metal panel goes behind the rear cable holder. I need to see some kind of drawing to know how it goes.
Can you please send me a link to the information I'm looking for?
OR, is there somewhere I can get technical assistance to finish the repair?

Thanks so much,
David

There is this PDF, but I only have it in French...

Attachments

• reparation_anafi_fr.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
EXACTLY!!! Thanks so much for this pdf link...
Procédure d’assemblage et de désassemblage d’ANAFI.
Le Français est un peut pauvre, mais TRES MERCI beaucoup!
Fabulous. We have Google Translate and I have high School French... I'm optimistic!!

Actually with the quickest of glances a the document I think I see exactly what I need to know. Will let you know if I get it...and again THANKS so much!
David

And the english version too just in case ur French became rusty.... ;-)

Attachments

• how_to_repair_anafi.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
LOL
Thanks so much. We could try it in Japanese too... but it's been 20 years since I lived there (FOR 10 years) but honestly my written Japanese skills are pretty limited. Arigatou!

Well, as you said - u have plenty of time now :ROFLMAO:
If u do the Japanese part I'll do Dutch and German!
BTW I envy u - so close to Algonquin PP. Would love to fly there and paddle of course. Not sure if flying is allowed there plus u need many batteries..... perhaps at the Opeongo outfitter... ;-)

WOW! I haven't heard about Opeongo since I was camping (my Japanese GF and our canoe were dropped off by float plane up near the Red River on the South end of Opeongo in 1988!!!)...I did and art work there and made it into an installation in Toronto....ALL just before I moved to Tokyo. I know exactly the Outfitter you are talking about. We arrived there in the evening and rather than canoe the 25 miles in the dark, we got a plane out of the outfitter!!!

Well, as you said - u have plenty of time now :ROFLMAO:
If u do the Japanese part I'll do Dutch and German!
BTW I envy u - so close to Algonquin PP. Would love to fly there and paddle of course. Not sure if flying is allowed there plus u need many batteries..... perhaps at the Opeongo outfitter... ;-)

Yes, drone Flying would be OK there. It is not part of any Provincial or National park. Great Idea!

Just an update here DM... Thanks SO much to send me that English How-To-Repair-... I can see very clearly that somehow I have the 4 motors hooked up exactly backwards... I will check back width video to see how on earth I managed that.....but I will definitely reconnect the motors as shown in the photo!!!! Thanks!!!!

D2, glad to hear. I just went back to your first question "What is not clear is if the wire connecting the camera with the flat metal panel goes behind the rear cable holder". Answer is yes, I can remember from last weekend that the flat metal panel goes behind the two cable holders. That panel fits on the motherboard easily. What is difficult is the number of cables/connections and the cable holders. The two cable holders fit into each other and to get the antenna cables into the holders was a struggle for me... If needed I could dismantle mine again a bit to make a pic of this part.... but only if you got stuck... ;-)

Hold on there Dutch...No need to dismantle anything yet.... (but I much appreciate the possibility and offer). Maybe we can figure this out another way. I'll take some pics and attach them here as necessary.

I came upon a very frustrating discrepancy I can't believe that Parrot has left posted in the PDF Anafi Repair doc.... Pages 10 and 18 show (as far as I can tell) different motor wire connections....the RYB ones with the White and Grey connectors... I went back through the Video Repair Youtube and am sure I have it correctly assembled.

~~~~~~~~
I sent this off to Parrot Customer Service:
The PDF file has conflicting photos of how the motor wires are connected.
You can see for yourself to compare the photos on Page 18 the order of wires from top to bottom is

YRB-BYR-BRY-RYB

But on Page 10 you will see that (though only 3/4 shown in the top photo) the sequence is (from right to left in this orientation) is

RYB-BRY-BYR-YRB (see the upper photo to verify YRB, which is not visible in the upper photo)

~~~~~~~~

So, Dutch, I will get back to you here with the pics of what I have and take a stab at sorting out what you've described here for me. I feel much more confident to get this thing done correctly now I have someone to help. Thanks SO MUCH...I am totally looking forward to getting the Anafi in the air

This is what I have now, Dutch. How does it compare to what you recently did? I hope you won't take yours apart to tell. I believe it's as in the Video and what appears on page 10 of the PDF... But it is definitely not wha tis shown on Page 18....
Thanks

Attachments

• Looking Forward.jpeg
    Looking Forward.jpeg
    390.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Looking Back.jpg
    Looking Back.jpg
    538.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
yep, indeed. strange. I haven't focussed on this point as I wasn't touching the connectors. I left them as they were as I only had to replace the rear arm. Also the motherboard I was able to leave it in place. Tell you what, I will open my bird tomorrow - is only the bottom lid. Not much of a hazel... I hope ;-)

Cool.
yep, indeed. strange. I haven't focussed on this point as I wasn't touching the connectors. I left them as they were as I only had to replace the rear arm. Also the motherboard I was able to leave it in place. Tell you what, I will open my bird tomorrow - is only the bottom lid. Not much of a hazel... I hope ;-)

I'm just going to leave the repair until I hear back from you about what you find looking into your Anafi. I'm hoping you'll take a couple of pics showing how the motors are attached to the mother card (the green vertical one)...like the two I sent showing the BYR wires (4) across the top of the board. It would be greatly appreciated if you could take the pics to show how the black wires lay in there in front of the mother card too, please. As for the retainer clip on the back side of the board....the black plastic clip with 3 slots on the right side and 2 slots on the left...I'm not sure which black wire attaches into which of the 3 slots on the right side of that clip. Thanks for your help, again, Dutch!

Well D2 I opened the bird and took some pics. Bird inner part looks a bit dusty on the pics... Not sure if this helps. BTW as you'll see I did not remove the two bars as I struggled last weekend to get them back into place with all the cables. Hope this is sufficient D2...

Attachments

• IMG_5865 2.jpg
    IMG_5865 2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5866.jpg
    IMG_5866.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5867.jpg
    IMG_5867.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5868 2.jpg
    IMG_5868 2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5869.jpg
    IMG_5869.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5870 2.jpg
    IMG_5870 2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5871.jpg
    IMG_5871.jpg
  • IMG_5872 2.jpg
    IMG_5872 2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5863 2.jpg
    IMG_5863 2.jpg
  • IMG_5864 2.jpg
    IMG_5864 2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
Was only allowed to download 10 pics ;-) Here comes the rest

Attachments

• IMG_5860 2.jpg
    IMG_5860 2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5861 2.jpg
    IMG_5861 2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5859 2.jpg
    IMG_5859 2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5858 2.jpg
    IMG_5858 2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5857 2.jpg
    IMG_5857 2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
@DutchMountains As those photos will be useful in the future and to avoid them getting lost with subsequent post can you start a new thread titled "Anafi Internals Photos", or something similar, and post them there as well? Other members can then add their own photos and @Agustine might make it into a sticky if we ask nicely :)

• Haha
Reactions: Jagerbomb52

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut