Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hover / stabilisation issue on my Anafi

woodcraft

Reaction score
Hi,

I am hoping someone here can help diagnose a problem that my Anafi is suffering from. A couple of months back it suffered a crash where it hit a tree branch and crashed to the ground from around 6-8 metres.

The rear left leg (M3) was split but the rest seemed, cosmetically, fine. Some of the props were damaged too.

It bobs up and down in the air without touching the controller when in little to no wind. Left and right it seems OK but it will constantly bob up and down without staying still. Is it the software that is constantly trying to correct itself against instability that is causing it?

Has anyone had anything similar happen and found a repair route? A video is here:
. There was no wind when this was captured and the controller is not being touched.

Steps I have taken to try to correct it:

1) had the M3 replaced
2) replaced visibly damaged props where they had notches in them
3) hard-reset the drone and calibrated controller, drone and gimbal

Possible things to try?

a) should I replace all props just in case the scuffed ones are having an affect?
b) can I turn off the software stabilisation to watch without auto-correction as this might help identify an issue with the legs or something?
c) how would I diagnose if the damage is more central like a gyro stability issue?
d) anything else?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

This might sound kind of silly but I have one anafi that crashed into a tree and although it fly's just fine in will bob up and down sometimes. So now I have started hand launching it where as I never did before and for some reason it seems more stable now. Might be just in my head but give it a try and see if that helps. Also do you notice it get more stable when the anafi is over 12-15 feet? It could be one of the sensors is not working right.

Reactions: woodcraft
This might sound kind of silly but I have one anafi that crashed into a tree and although it fly's just fine in will bob up and down sometimes. So now I have started hand launching it where as I never did before and for some reason it seems more stable now. Might be just in my head but give it a try and see if that helps. Also do you notice it get more stable when the anafi is over 12-15 feet? It could be one of the sensors is not working right.

Thanks. I do a mix of hand and standard launching but it still is the same. When it is higher up I tend not to notice it as much, which is probably due to eyesight :D

Videos also don't seem to show this effect but I will make a conscious note to check it at various heights.

I hear ya about the eyesight. I have two Anafis and my new one seems more solid in the air then the one that crashed into the tree. The other thing I noticed was when in follow me and once it locked on just hovering there there it would bounce up and down a few inches where as the newer one does not.

Really? I don't recall it ever doing this before and also some videos of other users show near perfect hovering.
Mine always stabilized in a vertical range of about half the drone's height. I think that's good. As Agustine said, it is relevant if you are in the range of the ultrasonic sensor. If you are hoovering in about 8 to 12m, then this is the end of this sensors range. So it might be, that the neural network in the drone makes an average height value out of GPS, air pressure sensor and ultrasonic distance sensor.
If one of these 3 inputs fails or fades out, there could be a small and slow oscillating around that average.
That is no "issue", I think.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
folgorem