Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How much is an Anafi worth with all current problems?

catkinson80

Reaction score
My Anafi has 2 batteries, controller and larger case which holds batteries controller & Anafi in its case.
The problem is it's also now stuck in CE mode (probably forever) and obviously is also on most recent firmware.
Just trying to guage how much it is actually worth if I put it up for sale?

How much value would you currently put on your own Anafi's that are in a similar position to mine?

Difficult one to judge, I mean realistically you could get the going 2nd hand price as really should only be on CE. Depends on how you advertise, and the buyer of course.

On the other hand, worth holding out until the next firmware update and see what that brings....... thats what I am doing.

edit: sorry I misread. I think your anafi would be worth the new price minus 40% of you have warranty left. otherwise minus 50%
additional 5% deduction for wear, 10% for cosmetic damage

I bought my Anafi Extended for 629 euro last year.
I would buy it again for maximum 999 euros.
For me it is the best drone ever; and it was designed almost specifically for me:

- in more than 20 hours of flying 100+ flights , never ever have I crashed the drone. So all potential the obstacle avoidance was for noobs and not for myself
- I can fly maximum speed without the props getting in the frame ever
- The noise is perfectly acceptable; I know it's there but the frequency does not irritate as much
- all the extra flight modes and FPV keep the drone interesting.
- flight plan is amazing
-overall a joy to fly
- For CE; I have excellent range and connection. it is illegal in my country to fly over houses and on holiday I can easily do 1+ KM near mountains, beaches, forests
- perfect image quality aside from dynamic range
- great design both drone as well as controller ergonomics
-app is perfect and stable

Things I would change for Anafi 2:
- better dynamic range and low light capabilities

Things they can change in software:
- better JPEG compression
- 60fps mode without line skipping

@Test2000 - think that works out to about £300, I paid £350 so it's not a huge loss, I don't have much faith in parrot at all.
I'm pretty sure I could get a straight swap for a DJI spark with 3 batteries controller etc but I'm not sure I want to go back to a spark as the battery life was poor although the range with the FCC mod is far better than what I'm getting with the Anafi on CE.
I generally really like the Anafi, the way it flies, the camera quality, the gimbal, the size, the battery life, the way it looks, but the range is severely lacking and the current falls from the sky people are having is really concerning.

Just get the DJI; though if you look at their forums; they crash and fall from the sky also. I believe they are sold in much greater numbers so it's possible they are more stable compared to Parrot

I don't know if you can hack DJI as well, especially after mentioning you lived near an airport. It's possible DJI shares your takeoff and flight locations with the local aviation authorities but it's better to live with danger than to live boring I guess

@catkinson80 Unfortunately things are only worth what somebody is prepared to pay for them and I would think that with the present uncertainty of people's health and jobs you may find that buying a drone is now very low down on people's wish lists.

Reactions: Lizio
I just don't understand why manufacturers can't leave software/firmware alone, half the time they mess about with things when it's not necessary, fix 1 problem create 5 bigger problems - parrot are certainly not alone in this, mobile phone manufacturers are a nightmare for it.
My house is just outside a DJI NFZ but my local park is in one.
The only time the DJI NFZ caused me a problem was when I was selling my spark and tried to demonstrate in my local park but couldn't take off. That is somewhere I would only ever fly for a quick test and the place where 99% of my flights take place is outside of the NFZ.
In all fairness I am not a lover of DJI and would love the Anafi to do everything I want it to, I have no preference to which brand I buy since december, I have owned 2 x Upair one, 1x rtze tello, 1 x 3dr solo, 1 x parrot bebop, 1 x dji f450 flamewheel, 1 x hubsan zino pro, 1 x zerotech Dobby and now the parrot Anafi.

I've also had a Phantom 3 crash on me in much worse circumstances. DJI didn't even care to look at the log. Parrot has my logs and I'll be holding out until I get a response (or until I don't after a reasonable amount of time). The way the Anafi moves, for me, puts it above anything by DJI. You can make aerial shots with it that you wouldn't with any Phantom or Mavic. I'll be really sad if I have to give up my Anafi and go back to DJI (though, of course, I will if this investigation turns out to be a dead end).

The range on the Anafi can be pretty decent if you use a lasagna plate or a shoe box with tin foil like this guy as an extender (I'm planning on drawing one for 3D printing once my bird becomes functional again, if it does).

While you wait, TBH I think a Spark would be a serious downgrade. Try looking at an Air if you do go back to DJI.

I'm coming from DJI Spark because I'm disappointed with DJI and its product. The Spark forum has written about lots of trial issues, mainly due to compass failure, escaped and never found drones. Newer firmware updates didn't fix the bugs, just made new ones. People claiming in vain DJI never explained the cases. I didn't update it but I also got a typical bug and request with me, it landed in an unsuitable place and all my propellers and my confidence shattered ...
Believe me, DJI machines are also falling from the sky ...
Parrot's flight features and software are much better than DJI's.

Before I used the Mavic Pro 1 last year I assumed everything would be better with DJI (because of the price) I thought the video feed would be 60fps 1080P instead of the anafi 720p/30. Also I assumed it would have more robust tracking options and better software.

I was pretty disappointed with the Pro 1 aside from the range. The video feed was only 30 and even a little choppy at that. but the thing is, without trying it I would have always thought it was the best.

If you choose a drone you will learn it's beauty but also it's faults.

I bought the Anafi after careful research thinking it would be the more economic option. But aside from WIFI vs Ocusync and the dynamic range, I believe it is superior on almost every level. Even more when factoring in the price. If DJI made the Anafi then I am sure all DJI fans would hail the design as the ultimate drone

I also thought DJI could not crash but every week there are quite spectacular crash videos

This all sounds very antI dji I don't even know why, I only mentioned a spark as I can more than likely get a straight swap for it rather than having to spend extra money which I currently don't have. If I had more money I'd go for the fimi x8se.
There is only one reason I would consider getting another spark and that would be for the extra range which I could get using a simple fakegps app.
I agree the Anafi is much better in virtually every way barring the range. Even a bebop 2 with a cheap Huawei WiFi repeater will get more range than my Anafi using the controller.

I agree the Anafi is much better in virtually every way barring the range. Even a bebop 2 with a cheap Huawei WiFi repeater will get more range than my Anafi using the controller.
And not of interest, any longer. Right?

Finally managed to get FCC channels, I just wish I could tell people how I did it, I went through that many different solutions I don't even know what finally did the trick.

Sorry it was not meant as DJI, it's just "the grass is greener on the other side"-syndrome. The DJI-grass on the other side in this case is claimed by everyone to be greener, with never any yellow spots, perfect length, amazing strong leaves, can be used for all activities; sports, bbq, doesn't need a lot of water or maintenance, and so on.

In reality they all have their faults. Again, for me personally Anafi is the best one. I wish the ground sensor was better for hand landings and the dynamic range for the image was better.

For exploring and breaking the continental law, Ocusync would be the best ever though

Ahh you read my post, I am yet to go to sleep, I've been awake all through the night trying every possible way and eventually managed to get FCC channels, just a shame I can't give anyone any directions as I tried that many different methods I have no idea what eventually worked.

I definitely am not a dji supporter, nor am I a hater, My preference if I could afford it would be the fimi x8se, I have had several Xiaomi phones and find that although they are cheaper the quality is great.
I always like to support the underdogs.
If these FCC channels stay put I will have no reason to purchase another drone anyway.
I love the look of the Anafi it just looks different to a stereotypical drone, the way it flies, the camera, the gimbal, I also really like the app.

I definitely am not a dji supporter, nor am I a hater, My preference if I could afford it would be the fimi x8se, I have had several Xiaomi phones and find that although they are cheaper the quality is great.
I always like to support the underdogs.
If these FCC channels stay put I will have no reason to purchase another drone anyway.
I love the look of the Anafi it just looks different to a stereotypical drone, the way it flies, the camera, the gimbal, I also really like the app.

The Fimi does seem interesting!

The "DJI-grass" will almost always be greener, but not because DJI is so much more buyer orientated.
But the community is still a lot bigger.
Which gets pressure on DJI, as soon people starts digging into options to "release" birds from restrictions.
Aside the different mentality:
French mostly do not react on people , who are not saying bonjour before asking questions or shouting at them ;-)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guads100k