Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

I Noticed Strange Behavior Since I updated from firmware version 1.6.8 to 1.7.3

crpilot

Reaction score
Hello, I was in the field on Sunday, and upon powering up controller and drone updated to ANAFI USA 1.7.5
Now I'm seeing strong wifi interference messages along with No GPS at times. I have not had these issues in the first dozen or so flights with the Anafi. Could it be a coincidence or a problem? Has anyone seen this yet?
Flying in a fairly rural area yesterday with wifi interference and GPS warning all over the place. The Anafi also disconnected at lower altitudes not more than 75 feet away from me over a lake.
Another question is it possible to downgrade to the last version with an Anifi if this update is causing the problem.

Wow, an Anafi USA owner!
If I compare to my "normal" Anafi, Wifi interference happens and is normally a true fact. I have a Wifi scanner app on my phone to find hotspots where I plan to fly.
Other possibilities:
- your phone's Wifi is on
- your phone's Bluetooth is on
- you carry another phone with you or a Bluetooth softwatch.
- you are flying near a cell phone tower

Wow, an Anafi USA owner!
If I compare to my "normal" Anafi, Wifi interference happens and is normally a true fact. I have a Wifi scanner app on my phone to find hotspots where I plan to fly.
Other possibilities:
- your phone's Wifi is on
- your phone's Bluetooth is on
- you carry another phone with you or a Bluetooth softwatch.
- you are flying near a cell phone tower
Hi Dirk, Yes USA owner. I really like the Anafi the camera is fantastic as compared to my other drones. I'm going to check these items you listed. Also, I'm reading in other places that the connection or cable from phone to controller can also cause problems.

I could be wrong but I think Dirk assumes you own one of the new USA Anifis that are worth over 7 thousand dollars. LOL
Wi-Fi is a big problem with the Anafi. Being in the States you should always make sure to connect to the higher Wi-Fi channels. As for your GPS issues many have noticed the same thing with this new update. Most notice it is taking a lot longer to acquirer a solid GPS. Mine is slower but once connected I have no problems at least not so far. There are many problems with this new update as Pix4D does not work with the new update and this needs to be addressed for the commercial people using the Anafi. So I would expect and new update should be along some time soon. As for down grading this is not possible at this time with the Anafi.

I could be wrong but I think Dirk assumes you own one of the new USA Anifis that are worth over 7 thousand dollars. LOL
Wi-Fi is a big problem with the Anafi. Being in the States you should always make sure to connect to the higher Wi-Fi channels. As for your GPS issues many have noticed the same thing with this new update. Most notice it is taking a lot longer to acquirer a solid GPS. Mine is slower but once connected I have no problems at least not so far. There are many problems with this new update as Pix4D does not work with the new update and this needs to be addressed for the commercial people using the Anafi. So I would expect and new update should be along some time soon. As for down grading this is not possible at this time with the Anafi.
Your right I have the regular Anafi, not the 7000.00 unit. Okay, but I'm not sure how to connect to the higher channels. Is that done from the app network section? do you know of any instructions on doing that? Also I'm reading that some have turned off the 2.4 and are connecting to 5.8 only since there is less interference. . Does that sound like a possible option? Seems like my Anafi was going crazy yesterday i was prepared to taker way out over the lake but the issues kind of ruined things for that flight.

Your right I have the regular Anafi, not the 7000.00 unit. Okay, but I'm not sure how to connect to the higher channels. Is that done from the app network section? do you know of any instructions on doing that? Also I'm reading that some have turned off the 2.4 and are connecting to 5.8 only since there is less interference. . Does that sound like a possible option? Seems like my Anafi was going crazy yesterday i was prepared to taker way out over the lake but the issues kind of ruined things for that flight.
I am confirming that it takes longer to connect to GPS satellites. My first dozens of flights on the last up to date version with the Anafi were flawless,s leave to these manufactures to muck things up all the time. Do they test these updates before commenting them to the public

Reactions: Bruchpilot and BRC
Once connect go into the App settings and look at the network settings. Change to manual and pick one of the higher channels

To make everything clear you could change your thread title to:
"Anafi - I Noticed Strange Behavior Since I updated from firmware version 1.6.8 to 1.7.3"

I updated from 1.6.3 to 1.7.3 yesterday, because I was in cellphone range and trying to fly the Anafi with only the smartphone for a follow me, and the app would not allow me to fly without updating. Actually I had bungeed it to my bike helmet in an attempt to capture the brilliant colors on the bike path without annoying people. I didn't have all the batteries so I canceled that part. Today I updated all three batteries and went out for a test of Follow Me. That seemed to work OK following me around the house, but when I cancelled that and flew up over the house to where I had taken off and went to manually land it, I got it back down to 10 feet over the lawn and while I was looking at it from 20 feet away it shut down and fell to the lawn dead as a doornail. When I got it back inside and turned it on again it registered 33%! Now I have joined the poor ******** that have upgraded beyond 1.6.3 and crashed their Anafi due to a shutdown in flight at a battery level that should never have caused this.. I was lucky not to get any damage, but until Parrott or somebody can figure out what causes this I have a drone that I fully expect to lose permanently on the next flight. GRRRR!

Reactions: DutchMountains
That is just nerve-racking sorry to hear it this. I've had my Anafi for about 3 months and the first update I did when turning it on out of the box required a controller and drone update and the 3 battery updates which I did. This past update to 1.7.3 did not require any battery updates. Flew in again today in a different area with no problems obtaining GPS connections and did not receive and interference warnings. Go Figure. Today I used an iPad mini versus my android tablet and I noticed that the FreeFlight app latest version installed on my iPad Mini did not show the controller as being connected to GPS ( but it was) also it did not register any battery drainage for the controller. Fluke or software glitch? Switched back to an android phone instead to be on the safe side. The Anafi appeared solid as a rock in the air today.

For the iPad problem, I guess you have the ‘Normal WiFi iPad mini version’ and it is NOT equipped with a GPS.
So the controller (that doesn’t have a GPS but needs a phone or a tablet with a GPS to catch the signal) will say ‘No GPS’ or icon red in the app.
This is perfectly normal.