Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Impressed with this drone even though it looks toy like.

yama

Reaction score
Just took a punt on one of these Anafi's as a replacement or easy of use replacement for a 3DR Solo....... its as if the Anafi was made for previous 3DR Solo pilots.
The software seems very familiar to the Original Solo software (App) its like it could have been made by the same people and the controls on the Skycontroller 3 are of a very similar layout to the Solo controller.

One bad point of the controller though - Its too small for man hands!

The drone itself I found to be a lot smaller than expected, I nearly sent it back on opening it.... I'm so glad that i didn't!!

The Anafi performs superbly, its tiny but manages to hold its own in strong winds. Today I carried out a 200 picture photogrammetry survey in 30kmh winds it was a 15min flight time on the survey and landed with 39% battery left
biggrin.gif
(the 21mp camera helps a lot over the standard 12mp offered by most platforms)

Flight noise is no existant you will require a spotter to be with you as it is easy to lose track of the Anafi due to the fact that once you passed a distance of 15m you are not going to hear it.

I bought the extended package Anafi with controller 3 batteries and all the extras it all comes in a small grey fabric lunchbox
rolleyes.gif

the only downside to this thing is that no one is going to take you seriously with it as its a business drone in a toy sheep's clothing. ;)

Reactions: pmh1nic
Just seen the accuracy report from the Photogrammetry post-processing very impressed compared to what I'm used too with a 3DR Solo and Gopro Hero 4 Black.

Details on the model itself are looking a lot better as well.

I think that I could end up retiring the 3DR apart from large camera and 3 axis gimbal or night uses.

Parrot should have included two LEDs on the Anafi to aid in working out the orientation of the craft.

the amount of times I have lost track of the drone, and had to look at the video stream on my phone to work out where the camera was pointing and track it back from the POV...LOL

Parrot should have included two LEDs on the Anafi to aid in working out the orientation of the craft.
I got some fluorescent red tape (actually came with my folding landing pad) and applied it to the front of each leg. I can see which way it's oriented out to about 75 meters.

For surveys, you might be interested in my (rather long winded) testing here:

interesting read.

I'm finding that the Anafi is constantly under 1m accuracy which is pretty good of an off the shelve product with no RTK or GPS module upgrade.
X-axis y-axis z-axis
1570632826578.png

I have used 3DR Solo's for years to get complex Follow shots. I agree Anafi shares many traits with Solo making it one of my most used drones. Solo still has some tricks up it's sleeve like complex Follow Orbit and Cable Cam shots(that you can override) but you can't beat Anafi for it's size, weight and noise level. My biggest issue with Solo is props in shot which Anafi does not suffer from.

I put a deposit down on the Skydio R2 which apparently Parrot has a hand in(good thing) and feel it will take autonomy to a new level.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut