Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

In App Purchases Locked Out Problems

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
OK so some of us are not getting anywhere with Parrot and being locked out of In App Purchases. I will post so far what I have gone through over the last several weeks. I suggest and hope anyone having the same problems call Parrot and demand action. These guys really have no clue on how to handle this other then passing the buck.

Parrot support is nothing but a joke.

First returned email about locked out In App Purchases

Hi ,

Thank you for contacting Parrot customer support, we appreciate your time.

Please note that in regards to the in-app purchases, we urge you to refer back to the application store to restore your features.

Also perform a hard reset to your drone and see if it solves the issue.

It is always our aim at Parrot to provide you, our customer, with top quality service to the best of our ability.

Best Regards,
Joey.S
Parrot Customer Support
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 5:00 pm PST

1 (877) 972-7768

After not getting anywhere with Google Play Store I emailed Parrot back again that my problem still is not resolved.

The second returned email from them.

Hi ,

Please provide us with the order number of the in-app purchases to proceed.

It is always our aim at Parrot to provide you, our customer, with top quality service to the best of our ability.

Best Regards,
Joey.S
Parrot Customer Support
1 (877) 972-7768

To ensure we receive your response, please do not modify any formatting or content of the original message (including any reference codes or footers).

Which I did and then I get this email back.

Hi ,

Please provide a screenshot of the invoice, also please clarify which feature did you purchase that is missing.

Best Regards,
Joey.S
Parrot Customer Support
1 (877) 972-7768

To ensure we receive your response, please do not modify any formatting or content of the original message (including any reference codes or footers).

Sent in the screen shots shortly after receiving their email.
After waiting and waiting for them to reply I decided to phone this morning about my case.
Gave my case number and told the fellow what I was calling about. He said Oh I see you sent in the screen shots and we will contact google to fix the problem. I said WTF!!! and when can I expect to use the product that I payed for. He put me on hold for 5 minutes to talk to his supervisor. When he came back he said they have no idea and its up to Google Play on how long it will take.

What a joke of a company.

Anybody want to add to my comments please do.

Vent over for today :mad:

Remember the problems of the FF6 dissapearing not too long ago. Apple users were fine. I suspect Googles terms or something isn't playing nice with the software they release. I can guarantee you that apple users have no problems with anything, its all android users on play store. I ditched apple way back because in the app store, I always received a message say this app is not compatible with this device. Apps I have paid for, but no longer could use or update. On android I have yet to experience that. I hope they can get everything ironed out with the android and google play store users as I am one. Maybe it's google and not Parrot. I don't see why they can't release PC/Mac versions of the flying software.

I received another fob off email from them today.... getting the runaround for sure....:mad::mad:

I assumed it would be a nightmare and not worth the effort and just spent the £1.98 to buy them again.

Not that I have actually used the features since the re purchase :)

wondering if there is anyone amongst our ranks that works for the legal profession. Maybe put together a template letter laying out exactly what is required of them, and for them to respond within a timescale.

that could then be sent by everyone who has had the issue, rather than emailing, sending them by recorded post to their head office.

Seems we are not getting anywhere via any other option, so may be time to play hardball.

I have just received an email from Parrot support with a pre paid parcel label and an RMA... have to return the drone back to Parrot.....looks like I won't be flying much this year....LOL

So I somehow lost my purchases as well - I installed the 6.5.2 inhouse.apk on my phone, I thought I was not signed in to the playstore. But I still lost my purchases on all my other phones.

Anyway I have just requested a refund for my original purchases (from July), and they have been approved.

So am I correct, if I re-purchase them it will unlock correctly ??

So I somehow lost my purchases as well - I installed the 6.5.2 inhouse.apk on my phone, I thought I was not signed in to the playstore. But I still lost my purchases on all my other phones.

Anyway I have just requested a refund for my original purchases (from July), and they have been approved.

So am I correct, if I re-purchase them it will unlock correctly ??

who gave you the refund??? Google or Parrot???, I just can't fathom out why Parrot sent me an RMA...

I went to my playstore account, looked at purchases, clicked on request refund, then I needed to enter reason and a little comment.

After about 5 minutes I got an refund approved email from google,.

I went to my playstore account, looked at purchases, clicked on request refund, then I needed to enter reason and a little comment.

After about 5 minutes I got an refund approved email from google,.

Hmmm.... I don't have that option for refund on my purchase history...! EDIT: CANCEL that.... just found it after I logged into my account on my desktop computer.... ;-)

my refund request has been denied by Google.... it's doesn't meet their refund policy.....

I used the reason - I purchased this but didn't receive it.

20190924_115440.jpg
Then like I said after a few minutes. I got the approved email.

20190924_115516.jpg

My concern is if I repurchase will they show up ok?????

I'll wait and see what happens when I receive my Anafi back from Parrot.....

I tried three times to get a refund. Each time they refused my request.

"
Hi,
We received your refund request of CA$30.99 for Follow Me (FreeFlight 6), Transaction ID GPA.xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxx, but we can't provide a refund for this purchase because it doesn't meet with our policy. We apologize for any inconvenience caused."

I also just got another email back from Parrot support, this is after talking to them on the phone when they said they will contact Google Store and instruct them to unlock my purchases. Goes to show you they have no clue on what they are doing.

" please make sure that you are using the same gmail account that you have purchase the feature through. "

I an done with this run around bull crap and I will repurchase them as they are only a $1.59 now. Not worth my time to fight them anymore.
They win I lose and its time to move on.

giphy.gif

Very strange, I must have been very fortunate!!

My concern is if repurchasing everything will restore!!! I will just have to try later, and see!!

I tried three times to get a refund. Each time they refused my request.

"
Hi,
We received your refund request of CA$30.99 for Follow Me (FreeFlight 6), Transaction ID GPA.xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxx, but we can't provide a refund for this purchase because it doesn't meet with our policy. We apologize for any inconvenience caused."
I also just got another email back from Parrot support, this is after talking to them on the phone when they said they will contact Google Store and instruct them to unlock my purchases. Goes to show you they have no clue on what they are doing.

" please make sure that you are using the same gmail account that you have purchase the feature through. "

I an done with this run around bull crap and I will repurchase them as they are only a $1.59 now. Not worth my time to fight them anymore.
They win I lose and its time to move on.

View attachment 2792

never give up..... keep at them....

never give up..... keep at them....

LOL

OK I took your suggestion and sent them this back. I know its not going anywhere but what the heck might as well play their game.

Hi Joey S
Perhaps you are not up to speed on my case as you really seem confused about it. One of your emails you asked me to send in screen captures of my purchases which I did. I waited and waited for a response back from you but ended up phoning and talking to one of your coworkers about my case. He looked over my screen shots and talked to the supervisor on duty (Friday Sept 20th) and they said they will contact Google Play to unlock my purchases. So what is actually going on? Are they or are they not? It seems you people are just giving me the run around. I want either a refund or my purchases to be unlocked or I will take Parrot to court for stealing my money for not providing the service I paid for. As far as making sure I am using the same google account to unlock my purchases do you really think people are that stupid?? Yes its the same account. The problem is when Parrot released Beta firmware by mistake on their web site some of us installed it not knowing it would wipe out our purchases. This is Parrots screw up and not your customers problem. They should not have but this one on their web site. (FF 6.5.2-rc2) this was the start of the problem.
No more excuses get it fixed

Hi I live in Italy I opened 6 tickets to Parrot even for a problem with the skycontroller3. 6 weeks have passed and in the meantime my warranty has expired, if I try to contact them they do not answer the phone, I had to buy a new skycontroller 3 at my expense, I regretted bitterly to have purchased a product that does not give any kind of support

It seems anytime someone makes a comment about this problem over on the developers forum it gets deleted a couple of days later. You would think those guys would like to know about problems so they can solve them.

It would be enough for Parrot to respond at least once after 1 month and a half, I hope you don't need Parrot's assistance

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut