Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

In which Situation RTH is activated?

DeWe

Reaction score
There are some situations, where RTH could or is activated.
In which situations ist RTH active and the Anafi will fly back to home and in which situations the Anafi hovert only at on point or will be land automatically.

I have read somewhere, that the Anafi was only hovering in x m altitude and does Wan land (till the Lipo was empty).

E. g. Manuel RTH via SC3 = RTH active and a automatic landing at home
Geofence is reached = only hovering at the current position?
Signal lost?

I'd say RTH is mostly on signal loss (at least in manual mode, not Flight Plan) and low batteries, taking into account the charge needed to come back to the starting point (but there are some issues in battery management apparently, maybe hot batteries, high elevation, and some unknown reasons can trigger RTH and auto landing when it's not obviously appropriate).

I got RTH low battery warning when flying against heavy winds while the battery was at +50% at around 900meter distance from my startingpoint.

my heart skipped a beat, in the screen recording with audio from my iPhone you hear heavy breathing and muffled cursing :p

anyway, I overrode the RTH and manually came back, looking for potential emergency landing spots in case the Anafi would proceed to auto land.

Does someone was in the real life in the situation :
of losing the signal, that RTH was initiate?
that Geofence (not altitude) does not initiate RTH?

When it reaches the GEOFENCE it just stays there. RTH will only occur when low battery or if signal is entirely lost.

I got RTH low battery warning when flying against heavy winds while the battery was at +50% at around 900meter distance from my startingpoint.
[...]
Next time, don't fly just to fly AGAINST, try to cross back home, perhaps?

Why should it?
It is just a fence, Anafi can hang on to it and "bark" at the other side!

• Haha
Reactions: ROBANAFI
E. g.
the Anafi reached the Geofence and hover in some altitude.
In the meantime the Akku reached the % to initiate RTH.
Does RTH is working? 2 special cases at once?

E. g.
the Anafi reached the Geofence and hover in some altitude.
In the meantime the Akku reached the % to initiate RTH.
Does RTH is working? 2 special cases at once?

I would assume so.
Because it is just one special case.
The fence is a setting, nothing special.
The battery RTH is depending on height, distance, RTH settings.
For RTH it is not important, that you are at a geofence.
Or flying somewhere without geofence!

Remember that there are two kinds of RTH, one initiated by the operator by pushing the button on the controller or touching the green home icon on the small display, and one initiated by the drone itself when the battery is low, called automatic RTH.

As many, many unhappy Anafi pilots have found, waiting until the drone automatically initiates RTH on a low battery often leads to disaster! It is the result of concentrating on the video to the exclusion of checking battery level about every 30 seconds. I try to manually initiate RTH at no less than 20% battery if far away and 15% if within a couple hundred meters. If my drone was more than 2 km away I would use 35%!

The manual use of RTH is working without any issues (on my side and if Ive still a connection)
The question is, how sure the RTH is working in different other cases e. g. Geofence and loost signal and / or Battery limit. Specially in this combination there are in most of the cases some errors (believe me, I'm a verification expert for medical devices).

The manual use of RTH is working without any issues (on my side and if Ive still a connection)
The question is, how sure the RTH is working in different other cases e. g. Geofence and loost signal and / or Battery limit. Specially in this combination there are in most of the cases some errors (believe me, I'm a verification expert for medical devices).

My only issues with RTH are :

1. Anafi's initial GPS location is set too late, in flight, maybe hundreds of meters from the take off position, in this case you can easily lose your drone. There should be an option to select the controler's position when RTH is activated. To prevent this situation choose a place with no obstacles around, and/or wait until the drone gets a good GPS signal, by looking at the small GPS icon next to the drone icon in the app and waiting until it becomes green, with 3 points below
2. during RTH auto landing is initiated because batteries are really low, or for obscure reasons (ie a bug in the drone software) your Anafi considers that 50% batteries is too low to fly hundred meters to the "precisely defined home" position, and in that case the drone can land anywhere, sometimes it's not even a vertical landing and it can descend toward the opposite direction from where you launched it !

You keep mentioning geofence, but from my short experience with the Anafi, I never noticed any relation between geofence and RTH. That said, I mostly fly with geofence OFF, and all my RTH issues happened with geofence off. From a logical point of view, setting geofence ON should offer a better global security and less problems with RTH, maybe that was your point... If your point was the opposite, it's easy to test it, next time you fly, when there is a few minutes battery left only, set the geo fence distance to 10 meters, and let it hover there until it RTH !

Recently had an issue while executing a pre set flight plan. While at one of the waypoints Anafi just paused staying in place for over two minutes just hovering not doing anything...this was at about 1 Km out so I still had video connection..Was able to override and hit RTH button before battery level dropped too much.. unnerving to say the least!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut