Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ipad mini 2nd gen

knowlsey

Reaction score
anyone used the ipad mini with the anafi as i am using ipad air 1st gen and its a bit big so was wondering if ipad mini works ok as 1st gen mini wont as freeflight needs ios 10.2 or higher and 2nd g3n mini can update to recent update today

I use the iPad mini 2 with no problems as long as you get the wifi + cellular so you have a gps signal.
wifi only iPads do not have gps.
sorry its late replying but been away.
hope this helps.

I use the iPad mini 2 with no problems as long as you get the wifi + cellular so you have a gps signal.
wifi only iPads do not have gps.
sorry its late replying but been away.
hope this helps.

bought the mini 2, works ok, as i have found out that mini 1 is not updatable to new ios and freeflight 6 needs ios 10 or above

I am so glad to see this.........As with my Ipad Mini 4 that fits the Skycontroller 2 perfectly does not have cellular so sadly I am unable to use 'Flightplan' and get 2 green gps connections. Everything is great on iphoneX. Disappointing.....but have spent forever trying to verify that cellular is what it needs to work properly. It will be so awesome to fly with and be able to program in waypoints on the larger screen. So..........my wife gets the mini 4 wifi only........;).
so any financial contributions appreciated.........:giggle: so I can now purchase the appropriate ipad mini cellular. I'm hoping it will work w/o having a cellular plan attached???? Please do add any additional verifying comments that may be helpful. Yippee thank you Starjerry

Have you tried linking your iPhone and iPad mini by personal hotspot.
Great point I did use iphone hotspot and flightplan would not connect to use the phones gps...........maybe I should experiment more. I was able to free fly once on mini 4 with bebop 2 green gps, but no green on sky 2 controller........and blue dot gps signal on screen wandered around......as I guess it was using wifi connection triangulation from homes around me. Return to home was very inaccurate. Have you had success.......wow thanks for checking in........appreciate much

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut